Butterflies

*Sequel to Graceful Moves*

  After their successful win on America's Got Talent, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark received many requests, over the many months after, to do performance nights around the country. After much thought, they planned a tour, going around many states and performing for one night only.

The last performance night soon approached them and Peeta was more nervous than any other performance night. Things were to be different. As he waited behind the curtain, his legs and hands shook. Photographers and family were out there, knowing the moment that approached them all.

He took a deep breath before walking out with Katniss, spinning her so they faced each other. His right hand took her left as she stepped forward, resting against his chest. He gave her a reassuring smile as she did.

She had noticed how worried he was in the last 48 hours they had spent together. She knew something was on his mind, but he wouldn't spill. So she let him be.

Their performance was a spiced up waltz, to Butterfly Effect. Katniss, had a long and flowing skirt on, along with her leotard. Against her black leotard, the flame like colours in the skirt made her stand out, and more beautiful to Peeta. He wore a proper suit, which made him uncomfortable when they did a practice of the dance earlier that day.

The music began, but they waited for the emphasised beat to begin the waltz. Once they started, their moves were swift and dynamic. Just like they had wanted it to be. Certain moves lead their audience to cheer, making Peeta and Katniss smile inside.

Peeta heard the final thirty seconds of the song approached and he knew there was no turning back. The waltzed towards the front of the stage then went to their final position. Similar to how they started. Katniss' back was now against his chest, her head resting against his right shoulder. Peeta's left arm was around his back and his right hand held Katniss' left.

They stayed in that position, but Peeta slipped away a few moments before normal to sink to the ground on one knee. Katniss turned to watch him and gasped, as did the audience. The audience cheered loudly when Peeta pulled out the ring from his pocket and showed it to her.

He had to make it short and sweet as the audience quietened, but still cheered. Katniss' knees shook as she grasped Peeta's hand still. Nothing registering in her head, just shocked to see the sight before her.

"Katniss, you've been there since the very, very beginning. For a while now, no... Since I saw you in the hospital, hours after your birth, I knew that it's you that I want beside me until the very, very end. Yes, I may have been two months old by them, but I only needed to look at you, to know every inch of you and your memories is made to be with me to build many more. So, Miss Everdeen, after 22 years of friendship...will you become my wife?" he asked her, enough so he could hear. Their family had lined up, capturing the moment and what he told her.

Katniss looked to their families and then to Peeta. She went to her knees, not letting go of his hand. She nodded and grinned with tears in her eyes. "A thousand times, yes!" she added to her acceptance and Peeta grinned back. He took her hand and slipped the engagement ring on.

The audience knew now. They cheered louder and Katniss looked to them, amazed by the support. She looked back to her new fiancé, and lunged forward to hug him. Peeta wrapped his arms around her. He murmured a thank you to her and Katniss chuckled, wiping her wet eyes. "I've known for a while too. I just wondered when you were going to ask me." she whispered and leaned back to kiss him.

Peeta smiled and gladly kissed her back, raising a fist in the air as they did. The audience cheered more and he lowered his hand to cup her cheek. He knew, they didn't have to date to confirm their feelings for one another. They just knew, and that was all they needed.

--------------------

I AM BACK! HELLO! Or at least I think so XD

I have a few ideas flowing again so I'll post a few more updates at some point this month... since I'm on summer holidays