chapter 4

***Sarah's POV***

I was currently in my room getting ready to spend some time with one of my bestfriend, cody. We have been really close for years now. Since he lives in Japan. We rarely see each other.
So we decided to go have lunch then go at the mall. Since He will be going back soon.

It's been a week since the last time I saw Lucca and my mom and his are talking a lot about the wedding and my dress and everything.
There's this gala tomorrow night and my parents said he wanted me to go with him so everything will be official between us. I was scared.
Everyone will know about the engagement.

I took a shower, did my makeup then got dressed. I took my phone and went downstairs to wait for Cody to pick me up.

After some time I got a text from him saying he was here. I quickly grabbed my purse and phone then went out. I smiled big and got in his car before hugging him.

"I missed you doll". He said pulling away and smiling down t me.
You can never be bored with him. He was one of the funniest person you will ever meet.
He is my only gay friend. Yes he is gay. But dated only one time and took a break from relationships when it ended badly.

"I missed you too. I have so much to tell you". I said putting my seatbelt on.
"But first lets go eat because I'm starving".

"Whatever but you're not leaving without telling me everything". He said before starting the car again.

*************

"You are what!??". Cody said shocked after I told him about me getting married. We were currently in a restaurant having lunch while seating next to a big window.
"To who?". He asked still shocked about the news.

"Oh just some guy". I said eating my food. He just glared at me.

"Oh please! Your parents will never let you marry 'just some guy'. He must be someone important".He said getting impatient to know. He took a sip of his drink.

"Someone important like Lucca Lombardi?".  I said looking at him to see his eyes wide open.

"You are marrying Lucca Lombardi. The powerful, rich and sexy one?" He asked till shocked before smirking like he realised something.
"Damn you bad girl, I didn't know you were into older men". He still smirking at me.

"Oh shut up. It wasn't my choice". I said laughing and smacking his head. "But he is not that bad." I said smiling.

He rolled his eyes. "It wasn't your choice but you didn't refuse. Lucky bitch". He said laughing.

I laughed too and started feeling eyes burning on me. Why am I feeling this way? Must be my imagnation.

I ignored it and start talking to Cody again and enjoying his company. But I'm still feeling uncomfortable.
I started looking around just to meet his eyes looking right back at me with a hard expression. Cody must have noticed my discomfort because he followed my gaze to see Lucca looking at us hardly.

"Oh my god. It's him?" He asked as I just nodded my head.
I then noticed he wasn't alone. He was with a woman. She was his cousin.
I met her the night I met Lucca. I looked away from him and looked at Cody who was already looking at me with a smirk on his face.
This guy can be so creepy.

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Did you notice the look he gave me. Jealous, is he?". He said still smirking.

"Have you lost your mind. We aren't even dating." I said getting up.
"I need to use the restroom. Then we can leave". I said standing up and walking away from our table. .

I left ignoring Lucca's stare.

*************

After doing my business, I wash my hands then exited the restroom. While going back to our table I bump into a hard chest.
I took a step back to see who it was and I saw Lucca and his cousin.

"I'm sorry". I said looking at him to see his jaw locked.

"Oh dear, you're Sarah, right? Lucca's fiancee?". She asked smiling. I just nodded as I could still feel Lucca's intense gaze on me.
"My aunt is right. You are so beautiful. It's unreal." She said looking at me as her smile widened.

"Thank you."I said smiling at her.

"Jade can you wait in the car. I need to talk to her". Lucca finally spoke, his eyes still on me.

"Yes of course" She said then hugged me."It was nice to see you again Sarah".

"Nice seeing you too jade". I said hugging back. She then went to the car leaving me alone with Lucca.

"Who is this guy you were being so cosy with?". He said as his eyes grew darker as he took a step toward me and grabbed my waist.

"He is one of my bestfriends". His hold was tighter by now. He got closer to my neck.
"Stop it. I could think you're jealous". I said trying to get away from him but he wouldn't bulge.

"You're my wife to be. So I have every right to be". He said looking into my eyes.
"You're mine and you don't know how bad it is going to be for him if I find out there's something more between you two". He said as his voice grew darker. My heart was beating s fast right now.

"He's gay. And don't think that you can control me because I'm not that excited for his marriage." I said finaly gaining confidence. He just chuckled.

"That's good for him. I will see you tomorrow baby". He said pecking the corner of my lips before leaving. I stood there shocked and annoyed.
Appart from Cody being gay, did he hear anything I said?

I sighed and looked around for Cody. I saw him seating at our table, looking at me with a smirk on his face. I know he saw everything, now he won't shut up until I tell him everything. I sigh again before going to our table.

¥¥¥¥

If you're wondering, I thought about Cody and Matt(Billionnaire's ex wife) together! Just never had the chance to develop the idea.