Chapter 41

**Sarah's POV**

"So are you telling Lucca about Samantha?". Mira asked as I parked the car in front of the restaurant.

I nodded. "I think so". I said sighing.

We got out of the car and walked to the entrance when I saw that Carl was still in the car. I stopped and he looked at me confused getting out of the car.

"Is there something you need Ma'am?". He asked walking up to me.

"Yes. Why are you staying in the car?". I asked.

"Well, I have a clear view inside from the car ma'am". He said looking hesitant.

"Come eat with us". I said and he was about to protest but I stopped him. "You have been walking for hours too. I know you must be hungry. Come on". I said turning back around.

"Ma'am, I don't think the boss wi...". I cut him off.

"I am not leaving you the choice". I smiled. "Now come on". I said and he followed us inside hesitantly.

Once we ordered, I looked at Carl.

"Can you not tell Lucca about the woman we saw today?". I said and he looked hesitant again.

"Ma'am, I'm really sorry. But the boss gave me orders an...". He said apologatically.

"I want to tell him about it myself". I said and he didn't look convinced.

"Are you sure, ma'am?". He asked again.

"Yes. I promise that I will tell him about it". I said honestly and he nodded hesitantly.

****

I walked inside the house with Carl behind me with all the bags.

"I was about to call you". Lucca said walking up to me. "It's already dark. Where were you?". He asked kissing my forehead.

"We went to eat something". I smiled and he nodded looking at Carl dismissing him with a nod.

"Come on". He said picking me up in a bridal style and walking up the stairs.

He walked in the room and he put me down. He looked at me pushing my hair back.

"What's wrong?". He asked softly.

"Nothing. I'm going to take a shower". I said softly walking away as I could feel his intense gaze on me.

I stripped out of my clothes and walked in the shower.
I think I should Tell him about Samantha. If I don't he will ask Carl anyway. And Carl won't be able to lie.
What if I don't tell him and something happens. Then it will be because of me. I sighed.
What was this woman's problem? I saw envy in her eyes. Was it because she lost her baby? My heart skipped as I thought about the fact that she blames Lucca for it.

I finished showering, brushed my teeth before putting my pyjamas on. When I walked back to the bedroom, Lucca was on the bed and his eyes moved from his computer to me. He shut it and put it aside.

"Come here". He said and I walked toward the bed. I sat facing his side and crossed my legs. "What's wrong?". He asked and I just looked at him. Did Carl t..... But he cut my thoughts off. "You tell me and I won't need to ask Carl". He said grabbing my knees and pulling me a little closer.
I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"I saw Samantha today". I said and he looked at me shocked.

"Did she say something to you? Did she do you something?". He asked looking worried and I shook my head. "Then why do you look so bothered?". He asked touching my hair.

"I don't know". I sighed. "She was being creepy staring at my belly". I said. "And don't forget that she blames you for her miscarriage".

"It's not my fault if her boyfriend was working for the mexican mafia". He said hardly. "She left me. I didn't take her back and I don't fucking regret it". He said getting angry. "Her boyfriend's bosses killed him and she lost her child. That's her business not mine". He snapped standing up and I got off the bed too and followed him as he was pacing. I grabbed his arm and He stopped. I cupped his face and he looked at me.
"I don't want her to hurt you". He said as his expression soften.

"Let's forget about today". I said. "What are the chances that I will see her again?". I asked smiling.

"I won't take any risk. I will have someone see what she is up to". He said.

"Lucca. I don't think it's necessary. What can She do?". I asked.

He shook his head. "I won't let anything bad happen to you". He said softly. "You know that right?". He asked and I nodded. "If I loose you, I would go crazy". He sighed hugging my body closer to his.

"More than you already did". I teased and he chuckled.

"Probably". He smirked. I chuckled and walked back to the bed.

"I'm tired". I yawned and he smiled getting in bed and pulling me close to him.

"He is giving you a hard time, unh?". He smiled putting his hand there. I sighed smiling.

"You have no idea. But I'm not complaining. I just can't wait until he gets out of here". I smiled and he looked at me raising his eyebrow.

"Wait until it will be impossible to sleep because if his cries, or when he starts moving making a mess out of the house, or when he starts biting and hitting, or when he starts freaking everyone out when he starts walking to dangerous places like the pool or the stairs". He teased and I rolled my eyes.

"He will be an angel". I said rubbing my belly.

"Yeah". He trailed. "Until he becomes the devil". He laughed and I slapped his arm laughing.

"Shut up". I shook my head.

**No one's POV**

"St. Jose retirement home". The person said on the other line.

"I would like to talk to Carly Suarez". The woman said. "I'm her daughter".

"Wait a minute ma'am". The employee said and she waited. Seconds later she Heard her mother's voice.

"Samantha". The old woman said warmly.

"Hello mother". She said sighing. "How are you?". She asked.

"I'm great honey". The old woman respond brightly. "What about you? How have you been doing?". She asked.

"Mother, I was given a second chance to prove myself". She said happily.

"What do you mean sweetie?". Her mother asked confused.

"I will come visit you in a couple of months with your grand child". She said happily.

"Grand child?". She asked again. "What do you mean honey? I thought you were sterile. Are y..." . But her daughter cut her off.

"I'm having a baby mother". She said cheerfully.