Chapter 7 - Aleena

Aleena's Point of View:

Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.

-Will Smith
__________________

The pain was everywhere. My head pounded like I had been clobbered with a bat. My feet felt foreign and detached as I tried to move them. When they wouldn't budge, I realized I was still clamped down with metal bars. I tried to move my toes through my shoes but the wouldn't budge. I instantly panicked. Had they paralyzed me? I quickly started to test my finger tips and slightly sighed when they moved. With my eyes closed, I gently flexed my toes and sighed in relief when they curled inward. I opened my eyes slowly uncovered the scene in front of me. I was never the one to wear make up. When I had finished high school at sixteen mom enrolled me in a private college for girls. That was about the same time the hijab bans started to become really heavy in our area. They have already been banned at public school, but private schools haven't been restricted yet. I went there for a three years. Those were to probably the best years of my life. I had a job, and had met Tariq as well but just when I was about to graduate the government took over all the private schools and restricted the hijab. I left without ever graduating.

The cold metal sides engraved themselves into the delicate skin around my ankle. I struggled with them and started to push on my hands, ignoring the pain that traveled all around my body when someone spoke. "Oh, you're awake."

The lights suddenly all shined directly into my eyes and I closed them shut. I was shocked and scared that I was tied down on a table. Suddenly, out of the shadows a man came up to me and looked me in the eyes. His sharp jaw was clenched with his hands firmly over his chest. A slight stubble was on his chin, but it only added to his mysterious look. His dark grey eyes seemed familiar, and the stern look on his face brought about memories of my dead sister. I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw and fist, wishing that I had the freedom to hit him. I leaned back and looked into be dimming light when he sighed and came closer.

I looked up and watched his eyes scan my body when they landed on my feet. He frowned when he saw red lines on my ankles, and prickles of blood on the cold metal I was laying on top of. I watched in silence, willing myself to keep quiet when he gently picked up his hands and touched my ankle. I felt like he pulled me out of a trance when I jumped and nearly screamed when the metal dug into my skin some more.

"Don't touch me." I nearly spat the words at his face but he simply ignored it. My hands seemed to loose blood circulation as I dug my nails into my skin.

He tsked and shook his head, his dark eyes roaming my face. "You need to be careful when you pull on these. You could hurt yourself."

"I wouldn't need to if I wasn't in them." Every word came out like venom as I watched his every move. His eyes were fixed on mines when he dropped them and walked to the near table. He came back with a small box and pulled out some supplies before his cold fingers gently took off my shoes. I gasped and tried to pull them back when he shook his head and firmly held them.

"Please just leave me alone-"

"You need to disinfect them before you get an infection or worse." He searched my face for a response but I just nodded my head. I closed my eyes and leaned back, silently praying to God that he'd forgive me for this. Never has a man touched me before. I wasn't one of those girls who flaunted themselves at men, nor did I ever talk with one for any reason except for help.

Conservative as that may seem, it was my personality. I waited for something to happen and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I felt cold hands grab my ankle and rub then slowly out of the clasps. A small sigh left my lips when they were free. I felt like a weight has been lifted off my chest, and my eyes drifted shut slowly. The stinging left when the cold air pushed against the marks on my foot. I felt his eyes on me and looked up to see him slowly tracing the red marks that the metal had left. His eyes held an emotion I couldn't really pinpoint when he averted his gaze and gently placed both of my feet on the table. I leaned back and watched him put ointment on his hands when he looked up at me and caught my glance. I slowly averted my gaze and looked around the room.