Chapter 11 - Aleena

Aleena's Point of View:

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

-Laurell K. Hamilton

_________________

It was cold. The ground beneath me was spinning, and a nauseous feeling cascaded up my stomach and vomit immediately sparked up my esophagus. The next thing I knew I was spilling out the contents in my stomach all around me. I placed my palms on the cold ground and continued until only the bitter taste was left in my mouth. I tried to wipe it off with my sleeve, and closed my eyes when the sick feeling left my mouth. My breaths came in shallow attempts and a drowsy feeling filled me.

Everything was spinning, and my vision blurred. I suddenly felt a cold hand latch onto my wrist and turn my chin towards the right. Voices erupted from all around me. Muffled whispers of women came from all around me. My eyelids felt as if they were weighted down, and a numb feeling spread like wildfire around my fingers. Finally, I opened my eyes fully and took in my surroundings. "Oh, she's awake."

I closed my eyes for a brief second to clear the image and nearly jumped when a brown eyed girl stood in front of me. My heart pulsed instantly, and a high pitched scream left my lips when she covered my mouth and shook her head. Half her face was covered and the only part I seen were her eyes. She had striking brown eyes that I felt like I've seen before. My eyes roamed her face and scarf when I noticed others were looking down at me too.

I swallowed in my screams and nodded my head. She gazed at me hesitantly before letting go. The slight hum from the dark room down the hall rang through the dull area surrounding me. My palms grew cold from the cement floor so I stood and watched my knees give out from beneath me. The girl ran and held me up before setting me down on the bed. Everyone drifted from the room quickly and only the girl and a older woman stood before me. There was a candle lit from across the room, it's fragrance filling the room with a warm smell. I rubbed my arm and looked around when the girl sat in front of me and released the scarf from her face and gave me a small smile.

I looked up at her and froze. It was as if I had been hit with reality when I realized I had seen her before. Her brown eyes, long nose and tan skin. The way her eyes lit up with concern. Her stern look, and quirky smile.

Saba. I jumped from my spot and wrapped my arms around her as fast as I could. A shaky breath left my lips as tears brimmed my eyes. They've got to her too. "Saba. Oh please, not you too!" I felt her shoulders grow ridged instantly. The woman in the room gasped as her eyes grew wide as the words left my lips.

Her cold hands pushed me away and I noticed her eyes grew double their size. Completely shocked that she was here, I pulled her in again and shook my head violently.

"I was so worried about you! All of you guys. Shiba, Tariq. After I left, I thought they had found you guys. When did they get to you? How did they find you? Are the others okay? Are they here too?" Questions spilled from my mouth as she released me again and closed her eyes.

Her cold hands clasped onto my shoulders and I noticed they were shaking. My eyes traveled to her face and a tear trailed down her cheek. An unsure feeling filled me and I stared at her again. "Saba?"

I frowned, completely confused. Her eyes were filled with anger and cooped up emotions. I didn't know what to say. I looked her over and noticed that she had a scar above her eyebrow. A part of me thought that maybe this place was rough and she'd gotten hurt, but then I noticed the birthmark on her cheek. Saba never had a birthmark. Not sure what was going on, I looked her in the eyes. Her brown eyes were exactly the same, but they were missing the happiness I had seen in Saba back at the camp. No matter what had happened she still smiled. When I looked in her eyes now, all I seen was sadness. She looked completely terrified and shocked.