Chapter 5

“One sided love will flourish”

I watched him disappear from my view and couldn’t suppress my happy sigh.Julian gawked at me.

“DID YOU GUYS HAVE SEX?” She demanded.

I laughed, I wish.I wanted that kid so badly i’m amazed I didn’t take him.But that will happen,all in due time.I need him to trust me first, and with the fact that his previous psychiatrist touched him,it puts me in a bad position.

Just thinking of that perverted bastard made me sick,how dare he touch him! Anger flared in my belly and I clenched my teeth.

Judging by the way he spoke of him,it seemed like that was only the tip of the ice berg.What else did this kid suffer through?

I left Julian to her gawking and wandered into my office closing the door behind me.I sank into the couch and inhaled the pillow Akihiko had slept on.

It smelled like him,wonderful grapefruit wafted up from it.I felt like a stalker,sniffing the pillow.

I laughed and removed myself from it and walked over to my desk and looked at the piece of paper I scrawled on.

“5:30-whenever Tuesday and Thursday.”

Now like an excited child,I could hardly wait for Thursday.

Even though a part of me dreaded what more secrets I would uncover.

After the first morning session with an old lady in grief recovery,my stomach growled miserably,desperate for food.I patted it and grabbed my coat.

I passed by Julian on my way out.

“Whens my next appointment?”

“In another hour sir.”

“Very good,thank you Julian.”

She smiled and I walked out the door into the morning air.Ever since I had Akihiko stay the night in my office and she walked on him sleeping,she’s gotten the silly idea that we had sex.

Ha.

Ever sine then,she’s been reserved and quiet.Also has a habit of blushing whenever we make eye contact.

Don’t tell me she’s one of “those” girls?

Oh dear.

I groaned.Just what I needed.

I walked down the steps and out onto the road,every morning there was an old man who rolled up on his trolley and served pancakes.As tatty as his stall may be,it was delicious food.So I wasn’t fussed by it.

I walked across the road,it was still early so no cars were out and about yet.I saw the old man smile widely from ear to ear as he saw me approach.

“Good morning Sir!” He called.

I smiled “Good morning.” I said politely.

“The usual?” he asked already taking out prepared pancake mixture and heating up the honey.

“Yes or course.”

His hands moved to a rhythm and he worked fast,the honey bubbled in a pan and the pancakes were seared till they had crispy golden edges.He plates them up on a disposable plastic plate as I put money down on the counter.

“Thank you!” He called as I ran across the road and back to my office.

Just as I was about to take a bite I turned and had another body slam straight into me.Both of us as well as my pancakes went tumbling to the floor.