-chapter 11-

Jason's p.o.v

I got home and I walked into my mom talking to someone on the phone but once she saw me she hung it up and came running to me

I was quickly engulfed into a bear hug that had me gasping for air when she released me.

"Where have you've been? I have been worried sick!" She says standing there with her hands on her hips and a glare directed towards me.

"I was kidnapped by rogues." I say bluntly remembering what my dad had told me.

She lied to me my whole life.

"Did they hurt you?" She asked scanning my body for bruises.

"No but I did see someone I thought I'd never see." I say looking at her and I saw the fear flash through her eyes.

"You found out didn't you?" She asked and I nodded she walked out and I followed her to the living room. She sat down and patted the seat next to her which I sat in.

"I did love your father but I knew we weren't mates and our fathers forced us to get married and so we did. When I found my mate I was conflicted. The day your father walked in on us I was going to tell him about my mate. I didn't want to get that far but I was pulled by the mate bond. I didn't want your father to find out about it like that. But what he did was someone I had not grown to love,"My mom had tears in her eyes and she looked at me with sadness," He tore my mate off me and then killed him before my own eyes and then he didn't even look sorry. He looked at me and then ran off and so I told you he was dead because that was better than what had happened." She finished and she was broken out in tears and I hugged her.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through with that. I can never imagine that pain you had to go through. But how did you move on from your mate so fast with Eric?" I asked curious to know.

" I knew you needed a father figure in your life and I thought Eric was fit for that."

"Obviously a bad choice." I say and she chuckled.

"So what happened while you were there?" She asked.

"I found my mate-" I started and all of a sudden she was up and squealing like a little girl giving me a big bear hug.

"Can't-breathe." I said between breathes and she quickly looked down at the floor in shame and mumbled an apology.

"Anyway," I say while sitting back down on the couch and my mom did also," I think she has feelings for someone else. Like deep feelings." I say running my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Oh honey no one can resist the pull of the mate bond and she will come to you." My mom said reassuring. "Now tell me some stuff about her."

"Her name is Bailey. She has really long curly hair that frames her face so perfectly and her eyes are so pretty. The ignite a fire in me that I didn't know. She is shy at first but then she is so funny and sarcastic and just can make anyone love her."

My mom lowly whistles. "Wow son I think you are already whipped." She said while chuckling.

"I know and that's what scares me."

Ashley's p.o.v

I walked into the door of my house to see my parents sitting at the couch crying.

I walk into the room and looked at them a little scared of what happened.

My mom looked up and saw me and she looked so sad.

"Ashley there is something that we have to tell you." My mom said sitting up and then wiping her eyes and fixing her skirt and blouse.

"What?" I asked getting annoyed because they didn't even ask me if I was okay especially since I was gone for few days.

I wonder if I ran away that they would even notice.

"Preston got into an accident and the doctors say he might not make it." She said and then starting to cry again.

"What?" I ask feeling my knees give out on me. I slump down on the floor and start crying. I don't know how long I was there before my mom came up and stood me up.

"Ashley you need to get it together because we are going to the hospital to visit and we don't want you to look awful." She said bluntly and then sniffed the air," please go take a shower you stink." She said and pushed me in the direction of the bathroom. I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. Wow I look awful. My mom was right I do stink final smelling the awful stench coming off of me. About 20 minutes later I was dress and headed into the living room. I saw that no one was there and I went into the kitchen but no one was there. I looked on the refrigerator and saw a note.

You were taking to long so we decided to go without you but no worry you will get to see him tomorrow.

-mom 

Wow. That made me feel great about myself. They actually left me here? She is the one who told me to go take a shower. Am I really that bad of a daughter? 

What did I do to deserve this?

You should have taken a shorter shower.

You shouldn't haven't went to Mark's.

You should have been more careful walking by your self.

Why am I so stupid?

Gosh what if Preston got in a wreck looking for me? 

This is all my fault. 

I walked to the bathroom and opened a draw and then took out the secret bottom and looked at the blades.

I haven't done this in a while.

But it's my fault.

I should try to make myself worthy of my parents approval. 

It's my fault that Preston is in the hospital and could die.

I crumpled to the ground after slitting my wrists five times on each wrist. 

I should just run away.

But where?

I thought for a while and then I had an idea and I went to my room and packed a bag.

After that I walked out the front door and walked to the person's house.

I knocked and he opened up wearing only a pair of boxers.

===

Author's Note

Y'all might not think this was not enough for her to cut her wrists but she felt all the guilt of almost killing her brother because she has slight anxiety thinking that he was out finding her and that is how he got into the crash.

Then she feels horrible by the way her mom treats her like shit and so she is a depressed person but when she is with her friends she makes sure she hides it.

Sorry I added this to the story but it kinda makes sense because she has a really hard life.