Chapter 3

*Ashlee's POV*

Great. Now I'm stuck tutoring Austin until he pulls his damn grades up. Stupid school.

"Hey girl. You ok?"

"Hey, Heather. No, I'm not ok."

"What happened? Did Austin do something?"

"Yes. He made me late to class and now I have stupid detention and now I have to tutor Austin because he's failing geometry."

"Oh. You want me to help you with this? You know, trying to get Austin to not flirt with you? I would help with the geometry, but we both know I'm not even good at that."

"Yea, I know that. But, he said he wouldn't try and flirt, but even though I said ok, I still don't believe him. And I have to start tutoring him tomorrow for next week's test."

"Yea. Hey you wanna help me with that? I'm probably gonna fail that, too."

"Sure! That way me and Austin won't be alone and he can't do anything to me if you're there."

"Ok so, your house after school tomorrow?"

"Yea. But me and Austin are walking home, so be there before us, since you can drive."

"Ok. See ya! I gotta go. Got geometry. Help me!"

"Afraid I can't. But see ya!"

Now, I have to go to detention, thanks to Austin. Man, I hate him so much. I put my thoughts behind me and walked in the classroom.

"Miss Taylor, please take a seat."

"Ok."

I quickly sat down and quietly began to read my book until Austin came in and sat beside me.

"You know, you and I could be just like Allie and Noah in that book."

"You've read The Notebook?"

"I have actually. And no, I'm not lying. I like romance novels."

"Seriously?"

"No joke."

"Wow. That's something I never would've guessed that you like. Besides girls and football."

"Yeah. It's just that my teammates don't know. If they did, they'd make fun of me."

"How do you know that?"

"You don't know them that well. They make fun of a lot of things. Including you, which I don't like them doing."

"Why?"

"I don't know. But just don't tell them about it. Please?"

"I won't. So what's your favorite part of this?"

"I like when Allie goes back to Noah after so long after she realizes how much she really loves him. Like how I do with you."

"Save it, Austin. You may like sappy, romance stories like I do, but I still don't like you. You're a player, Austin. I can't stand guys like you. You're so annoying."

"You still have to tutor me."

"I know that."

"Why won't you just give me one chance, Ashlee?"

"Because I don't like you!"

*Austin's POV*

"Because I don't like you!" she screamed at me.

That really hurt me. But that what she was saying was all true. I am a player. It's all true. Why do I do this? People only think of me as one because I'm the captain of the school's team. I can't do this anymore. I can't be like this if I want Ashlee. I have to stop. For her.

"I know you don't like me. I get it. But if I stopped being my player self, would you give me a chance?"

"I don't know, Austin. Let's just get through this whole tutoring thing first. If you stopped, I don't know. I may think about it."

"Really? You'll think about it?"

"I said I may think about it. But don't get your hopes up."

"Ok. Can I just say something?"

"Yeah. What?"

"I'm sorry. For everything I've ever done to try and bother you. It's just that I like you and I get why you don't like me. I completely understand. You're just one of those girls that are different. You never even tried to bother me, which I get. But my point is that I'm sorry, Ashlee."

"Austin, it's ok. That's the nicest and maybe sweetest thing you've ever said to me."

"I know. I just really like you."

"I'll still think about it, ok?"

"Ok."

We both smiled and left detention when the bell rang. My plan is working on her. I'm right on track.

---------------

Hello! What do you think Austin's plan is? Comment your answer! You'll figure out later! Anyways, I hope you're enjoying it! More to come later! Love you guys! ♥