Chapter 15

*Ashlee's POV*

What? Heather's in the hospital?! I didn't care about school right now so I jumped in my car and sped off down the road towards the hospital.

------------

As soon as I got there, I ran in and asked for her room number and went to the elevator going up quickly and got off running to her room. I braced myself for what I was about to walk in on. I slowly turned the knob, opening the door and walked in. And what I saw made me break down in tears. I guess Cody saw me because he walked up and hugged me.

"What happened?"

"She was on her way to school and a drunk driver hit her."

"How'd you find her?"

"We were talking on the phone while she was driving and I heard the crash."

"How bad are the injuries?"

"She's got a couple broken bones and a little internal bleeding but they got her just in time. She's still unconscious though."

"I can't believe this happened."

"She's gonna be ok, Ash."

"I hope so."

-----------

Cody and I haven't left our spots from the hospital and it's been at least three hours since I've been here. She still hasn't moved either and I'm getting really worried. We just sat there for a little longer until I got a call. I grabbed my phone out and looked to see Austin calling. I excused myself and walked out answering.

"Hey Austin, now's not really the time."

"Where are you? I've been worried sick."

"Yeah, well you're not the only one worried."

"What's wrong?"

"Heather's in the hospital."

"What? What happened?"

"She got hit by a drunk driver on her way to school."

"Oh my god. I'm coming there."

"Austin, I'll be ok. Cody's here also. I'm not alone."

"Ashlee, I'm coming. Even if she hates me or not."

"Fine."

*Austin's POV*

I ditched school after class not caring if anyone saw. I ran out hopping into my car and sped off to the hospital.

--------

After I got there, I ran in asking for her room and went straight there. I knocked and walked in seeing Cody by Heather's bed and Ashlee asleep on the couch.

"Hey. Is she gonna be okay?"

"She's gonna be fine hopefully. She just hasn't woken up."

"Ok."

I picked up Ashlee carefully and sat down putting her on my lap. She stirred a little and woke up.

"Austin?"

"Hey."

I smiled and saw her look over at Heather.

"She's gonna be okay, Ashlee."

"I know."

I smiled and kissed her forehead holding her hand and lightly sang her back to sleep.

*Cody's POV*

I sat beside the bed holding Heather's hand until I felt her hand move. I shot up from my seat and smiled at her.

"Heather?! Please wake up!"

"What happened?" Austin asked.

"She moved. I felt it."

I ran out to get the doctor and came back in with him and he checked on her while I sat anxiously.

"Well she's awaken now but she did have quite a concussion so she may not remember much."

"So you're saying she may not remember any of us?"

"That's correct."

I've been here forever waiting for her to wake up, and when she does, she's not gonna remember me?

------------------

Hey guys! sorry for the short update but I'm back! Hope u all had a good Christmas and New Years! :) ILY! ♥

- Bri ♥