Chapter 24

*Ashlee's POV*

So, it's been a week since WinterJam and Colton and I have been talking. A lot. I don't think Austin's taking it well either. I like both of them, trust me, but, I just dont know which one to choose. This is the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. I'm giving it time, though.

+++

Halfway through second semester, I thought. Then just two more years of this place and I can leave. I grabbed my chemistry book from my locker and my notebook and was about to shut my locker door, but someone beat me to it. Austin.

"What are you doing?"

"About to go to class. Which is what you should be doing, too."

"I was actually thinking you and I could do something else."

"I'm not skipping class, Austin. I need to pass this chemistry test tomorrow so I need to pay attention."

"Fine. Oh, and thanks to you, I passed the test."

He walked off, leaving me standing. I walked off heading to class when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out, looking to see who it was. I answered immediately.

"Colton, I can't talk right now. I'm in school."

"I know. I'm sorry but I need to tell you something."

"Is this something important enough to make me miss class?"

"Maybe."

"Fine. What is it?"

"They've scheduled a couple more WinterJam concerts in Miami. So that means, I get to come back and see you!"

"That's awesome!"

"I know! I can't wait. I should let you go now. We'll talk later?"

"Yeah. Bye."

I hung up smiling and walked into class. He's coming back to Miami! I'm excited. I sat down and, of course, I got in trouble for being late, but I didn't care at the moment. Heather looked at me weirdly and I told her I'd explain after class. She knows about me meeting Colton and all that, but not about what I just found out.

+++

I got up after the bell rang and started walking out when Heather stopped me.

"Ok, so what's going on? You seem really happy all of a sudden."

"I am."

"Are you gonna tell me or not?"

"Colton's coming back to Miami."

"What? When?"

"I don't know but he said they scheduled like two more WinterJam concerts here."

"Is he gonna tell you when?"

"I imagine so."

"What about Austin?"

"I don't know. He seems like he's going back to his old self."

"As in 'being a player and a jerk' old?"

"Maybe not the player part, but definitely the part about being a jerk."

"I think he's jealous of Colton."

"What? Come on. He can't be."

"Think about it. Ever since WinterJam, you and Colton have been talking so much, it seems you don't even care about Austin anymore."

"I care about Austin. I'm just having to make a big decision right now."

"Well you should choose fast before Austin returns to his old self."

"I'm trying. It's just hard, I don't know who to choose."

"I know this sounds cheesy and trust me, it does, but who do you love more? Choose the one your heart tells you."

"You're right."

"See."

"That did sound cheesy."

"Ashlee.."

"I'm sorry. I'm gonna think about it, ok?"

"Ok. Just make sure it's the right choice."

"I hope it will be."

"You know I'm here though, right?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'll see you later girl."

"See ya."

+++

Colton said one of the concerts was this week so we've been talking all week, literally. I was at home on the couch watching the new American Idol season when the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?"

"It's a surprise!"

I groaned and got up to open the door and once I did, it was really a surprise.

"Colton?!"

"Hey Ashlee!"

I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Surprising you and WinterJam is this week."

"Yeah. I'm excited about that."

"Me too."

I smiled and let him inside and we sat there talking forever. He said he had to go soon to help put the set up and for rehearsals.

"How about you come with me?"

"What?"

"To rehearsals. I want you to come with me."

"Really?" I asked, smiling bigger than usual.

"Yeah. I want you there."

"Sure."

"Awesome."

He stood up, and I guess my leg was stuck out, because he tripped and landed right on top of me. And we were really close, too.

"Sorry about that."

"No, it's fine."

I smiled and looked up staring straight into his eyes when he started to lean in and....

----------------------------

Hey guys! New update! Sorry I didn't update Monday because I'm on Spring Break right now and I wont do it on holidays or breaks. I'm gonna start updating on Sunday because on Mondays, I have 3 different shows to watch from 7-10 so I'll start on Sunday! Hope you enjoyed! :)

- Bri ♥