Chapter 26

*Austin's POV*

What am I supposed to do? I was being sneaky again and listened in on Ashlee and Heather's conversation and heard he asked her to go on tour with him. I've got until the end of school to try and get her back. Which isn't long, so I need to hurry and figure something out.

+++

I walked into school the next day and saw Ashlee and her friends by her locker. I walked up, since my locker was close to hers.

*Ashlee's POV*

I saw Austin walk towards us and tensed up.

"I'll talk to you guys later, okay?"

They look confused at first, but looked over and saw Austin.

"Alright. See ya."

They walked off and I turned, opening my locker.

"Hey Ashlee."

I didn't answer at first.

"Ashlee."

I turned at that moment.

"I'm sorry. We're you talking to me?"

"What is with you? Why are you ignoring me?"

"Well, the fact I'm having to choose between two very different guys is one reason. Another being you're becoming a jerk."

"What? What did I do?"

"For one, you went back to hitting on me."

"I don't remember that."

"Of course not. You started doing it again after WinterJam when Colton and I started talking."

"I did not."

"Whatever, Austin. Believe what you wanna believe."

I shut my locker and started walking off to class.

"Ashlee, stop!"

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around.

"What do you want?"

"Ok, I'll admit. I'm jealous of him. Yes, jealous."

"Why would you be jealous of Colton?"

"Because he has you and I don't."

"Maybe that's a good thing. Because I don't feel like talking with you. I just.. I can't do this anymore."

"Do what?"

"Be with you! Everytime that I'm with you, or around you, me or someone else I know, gets hurt. And I've forgiven you two, three times maybe. I don't know. But I'm tired of having my heart broken by you. I don't wanna deal with it again."

"Ashlee, I-"

"No, Austin. Stop."

I turned back around to walk off.

"I don't want you to leave!"

I stopped again, turning to face him.

"What do you mean?"

"I overheard you and Heather talking on the phone and how Colton asked you to go on tour with him."

"You did what?!"

"I'm sorry."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I love you."

"Like I've never heard that before."

"You're gonna say yes though, aren't you?"

Silence.

"Aren't you?"

"I don't know. I have a while."

"Ashlee, I heard you. He said it's in the summer. It's May."

"I know, but I didnt give an immediate answer. He gave me time to think about it."

"I just don't wanna lose you."

"Whatever. I'm not dealing with you anymore."

"Ashlee, don't."

He started walking closer to me and I backed away.

"Do you remember what I told you?"

"What?"

"That love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable. But I'm in love with you."

"I know that, Austin. But I just need a br-"

"Don't say that you need a break. I've heard it too many times."

"Well I've said it enough to you. So why can't you understand?"

He started to grab my hand and I pulled away.

"Ashlee, I-"

"No, don't."

"Ash."

"Don't call me that. Just leave me alone."

"Ashlee, please. If you just let me explain.."

"No! I'm tired of letting you explain so I'll just forgive you again! It's not happening this time! I'm done with you. Goodbye, Austin."

I turned away and walked off for good this time. I walked out and went to my car and just left school. I didn't wanna deal with anyone right now. Not Austin, my friends, teachers, anyone. I just wanna be alone. I went straight home. Luckily, my mom wasn't home. I went up to my room and grabbed my phone and dialed his number. I know my answer.

----------------------------

Who do you think she's calling? What do you think her answer is? I love leaving you guys in cliff hangers! So, there's only 4 more chapters left. :( I'm sad that this book is ending, but there's gonna be a sequel, so you guys can read more about Austin and Ashlee! LOL. Hope you enjoyed! :)

- Bri ♥