Chapter 17

*Flashback*

*Heather's POV*

I woke up to the bright morning sun coming in the room and shut my eyes again and Cody was awake and obviously saw so he closed the blinds and curtains.

"I already ordered your breakfast for you."

"Thanks. How'd you know what I want though?"

"You may not remember me, but I still know you."

"Were you here all night?"

"Yeah. I couldn't leave you alone."

"You could've left it was fine."

"I wasn't leaving you."

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

I smiled and laid there on the bed and looked through my phone and I saw tons of pictures of me with Cody. One's on dates, others just us being around each other. I saw some of me and Ashlee and smiled then my eyes widened and I realized everything.

"Cody?"

"Yeah?"

"I remember."

--Present Time--

*Cody's POV*

"Wait, you remember?"

"I remember everything. It all came back to me."

"So who am I?"

"You're Cody and you're my boyfriend."

I smiled widely and hugged her but not too tight.

"I'll be right back."

I went out and got the doctor and came back in with him.

"Ok, so I hear you got your memory back?" the doctor asked.

"I did."

"Ok so I'm gonna do a quick check-up on everything and you might just be able to go tonight."

"Ok. Thank you."

I smiled and he did the check-up and everything is fine and he said she can go home later.

"So you remember everybody?"

"Yeah. I remembered Ashlee in the first place, I remember Austin now, and-- wait."

"What?"

"Ashlee said Austin was her boyfriend. I'm so gonna kill him."

"When you didn't know who he was, you were all smiling about it saying he was good for her and he was nice."

"That's because I didn't know who he was at the time!"

"I know. But I don't get one thing. You and Austin dated in eighth grade, and it wasn't that long. I don't see what your problem is with him and Ashlee being together when Austin is none of your business."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying, it's my opinion, but I actually think he has changed for Ashlee. I think he really likes her."

"I just don't want Ashlee to be hurt by him. She's my best friend."

"I get that, but didn't you see how he was acting towards her when they were here? She was asleep on his lap and he was singing to her when you were still unconscious but when you woke didn't you see how nice he was to you?"

"I saw all of it, but how do you know this isn't an act?"

"Nevermind. We don't need to talk about this."

*Ashlee's POV*

My mom got kinda mad at me for skipping school yesterday but it wasn't that bad when I told her it was about Heather. She got worried and everything, but I told her she was fine and then told her about her losing her memory. I was in geometry at the time and my phone rang.

"Who's is that?" Mr. Dixon yelled at the class. He hates when a phone interrupts his lectures.

I sighed and grabbed it from my purse and turned it off not looking to see who was calling.

"It was mine."

"Hand it over, Taylor."

I got up and handed it to him and walked back to my desk and saw Austin smirking at me. I smiled a little and sat back down and barely listened during the rest of the class because Austin and I passed notes the rest of the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class, I stood up and took my things out to my locker when Austin stopped me.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey." I smiled, blushing like he does to me all the time.

"So the exam is coming up in a couple weeks."

"I know. I've got a plan to help you study. Just come to my house after school next week and part of the next."

"Ok. As long as I'm with you."

"Shut up."

I shut my locker and went out to my car after the last bell rang and Austin stopped me. Again.

"What do you want?"

"I wanna take you out tonight. Busy?"

"Umm, I don't think--"

"Now you are. I'll pick you up at seven."

He kissed my cheek and went off to his car. Guess I'm busy now.

-----------------------

Hey guys! New update! Not much to say I guess, so I'll leave with that. Hope you enjoyed! :)

- Bri ♥