Chapter 27 Sketching

Willows POV
Today Oliver and I were both off work. Here in the town square is nice. Its perfect for our little Roselyn. She's gotten so much bigger. Her hair has grown out more. Her eyes haven't changed, and I hope they stay same. I'm sure they will. Oliver and I are great. I've opened my own business. I opened five bakeries and delicatessens. Three in the capitol, and two here in 12. I'm planning on spreading them to other locations in Panem.
Dads bakery is still here. The same one that's been here since his family first built it. He still works there from time to time. Of course I also manage that one. I manage lots, which sometimes is hard to keep track of, but I enjoy it.
I'll take Roselyn there when Oliver is at work, or sometimes mom will watch her. Life is all well now. I never would've thought.
Once Oliver and I wake up, I check on Roselyn and he takes a shower. If Rose is up I'll usually read her a short book or get her dressed.
Today I feel like drawing perhaps. Its something thats time consuming, but its something I find fun and intriguing. I pick Rose up and walk to get the memory book dad gave me. I only sketched one thing in it. I feed Rose and get myself some breakfast. Oliver walks out and cuddles his face in Roses. I smile, "Good morning"
He kisses my neck, "Good morning beautiful, whats for breakfast?"
"Cereal" I reply. "But aren't you cooking?" he asks. I shake my head, "I can if you want"
"Its fine cereal is good right?" he kisses Roselyn's head.
"She looks so much like you Oliver" I smile. He studies her features, "But she resembles you too."
I nod, "Like both of us I guess"
Oliver agrees. We all get our breakfast and enjoy it. Both of us walk outside in our back yard. I figured that the backyard is the best place to sketch Rose. Oliver sets her on the grass. I sketch her face. Oliver studies the way I glide the pencil easily to capture the realistic shape of her face.
Drawing outlines and then filling them up with graphite shadings, erasing the smudges, adding texture and details, smoothing out lines with my finger, blowing away left over eraser shrubs. Now moving onto her eyes. I'm not adding colors to it, so I make her eyes nice and dark. Filling in the huge irises with various shades of graphite.
Adding the reflecting light to give a shine, faintly sketching her eyebrows that are somewhat light. The hairline with tiny brown/black shrubs. I loose myself in the details. So many, but so simple.
It becomes a wonderful art collection in this book of mine. Oliver picks up Rose once I'm done. I hand him the picture of her. Its like a mirror image. He gasps, "Whoa! Willow, this is so realistic!"
I laugh, "Thanks Oliver, I hope she likes it."
"I'm sure she does beautiful!" he smiles, "You should start your own art collection honey"
That gets me thinking, "I should" I say nodding. Maybe I will..

I know this is a really short, not so interesting chapter (lol) but I thought I'd focus on Willow and Oliver since the last chapters have been about Rye and Bree. Maybe if you have thoughts of any Willow and Oliver ideas for them two, then don't be afraid to comment them. I'd love to know! ;)
~Thanks