Chapter 34 Surprise gift

After all the speeches and toasts are said, the party continues later--till night. Talking with all the guests, getting updated on their life, holding Roselyn and rocking her, more dancing but at a faster pace. Its a great time. The best time I've ever had. Jets fly over us again, releasing messages of exhaust in the sky, eating pastries--the best pastries I've ever had. All the sandwiches are eaten, along with half of the food.
Bree and I are having a honeymoon here in the capitol mansion. Part of it is actually a hotel, the most expensive hotel. Then some is left as a museum for all the artifacts from Snow. Moms Mockingjay suit is even there, along with more. The rest of the gigantic place is for the president, and his family.
I never thought that I would have such a great wedding. I'll never forget today!
I sneak behind Bree as she talks to Willow. I kiss her cheek, "Aren't those heels hurting yet?"
She shrugs, "Sorta"
"The guests are getting tired, its 10:30." I say. Bree agrees, "Should we end it?"
I nod, "So we can have that honeymoon" I tickle Bree's waist and she giggles. I grab the microphone on top of the stage, "Thank you all for coming to Bree and I's wedding! Thank you for all the presents, we'll sort through that stack later tonight, and thank you for the speeches, those were great! Its time to end the party now.. Oh and thanks mom, dad, Willow, Oliver, little baby Roselyn, for coming from 12, that was awesome.. Thank you, goodnight!"
They clap and come to thank Bree and I and congratulate us one last time. I hug my family and thank them again for coming. I clean up a few things laying around. I'll get to the other stuff later.. We grab the presents.
Bree and I walk up to our room. Its right above where the wedding was held at. I already checked in, all we do is glory at the polished marble floors, white furniture, bouquets of white roses spread everywhere. The only thing you can smell is the fresh scent of roses. It never leaves my nose..
The first thing Bree does its fling off her heels. I take my shoes off too. Bree and I lay in bed together--opening presents. All of them are great! Most are household items, and some are accessories. Bree loves the kitchen accessories. Mom and dad gave us a lots of money, Willow and Oliver gave us some baby accessories; a bonnet, pacifier, and some washable diapers.
I got Bree something she'll fawn over--its for the baby. It cost me all my paydays from work, but I couldn't resist buying it for the baby. She finishes one last box from her grandparents, "Wow look Rye!" she exclaims, "Its hand painted china!"
"Ooo nice" I smile. Bree sets them down carefully on the floor, "Thats it right?"
I shrug and slide the box towards her, "Maybe not" I grin. She laughs, "Rye what did you get me? I didn't get you anything."
"Doesn't matter if you didn't get me anything.. Just open it"
She shakes it, but it makes no sound.. Curiously she lifts the lid up, trying to see whats there. "Go on" I say, "Open it"
She takes a deep breath taking the lid off completely. Tissue paper blocks the view of the actual gift. Watching closely with a grin as she gasps. She looks up at me as if she to overwhelmed to keep looking. I give a little nod to tell her to keep unwrapping it. She cups her mouth looking back down at it. My grin becomes a smile--she loves it!
I see a tear escape her eye as she holds it over the box, "I-its for the baby?"
I nod, "To keep he or she warm" I smile. "Its real mink?" she sniffles. I nod, "A real mink blanket"
"Must have costed a lot"
My eyes get big, "It did"
"Its beautiful!" she exclaims, "Rye I can't thank you enough for what you've done today."
"Its nothing" I reply smiling. She rests her head on my chest, "No Rye, its something. You've made my dreams come true."