Chapter 40 Wish it came sooner

Ryes POV
Bree continues to stay in the hospital room. Many hours have passed. Its night now. The pain has came on stronger for her. I wished that Bree didn't have to go through all this pain. It makes me feel bad every time she groans. She hasn't gotten contractions yet, but just experiencing labor pain. She could move around, which was better then laying down on a bed.
The doctors would notify Bree and I about the latest news. He said to hang in there until two days.
I couldn't stay here with Bree for the whole two days.. I would have to leave after tonight. I didn't want to, not at all. But of course the commander wants me in no matter what. I got in an argument with him on the phone once he told me the news. I'm surprised he even let me still come after that argument.
When I told Bree she almost cried--she wanted me by her side no matter what. Especially since this was hard on her. I wish I could stay. She needs me, but he won't let me. I hate him for that, but I'm committed to the Air Force, so I have no choice.
Bree and I spend the last hours together. I have to leave early tonight so I can leave at three in the morning. Bree and I sit at the table in the room. Bree's already emotional from me leaving so I try not to bring it up, or anything related.
She sits on the opposite chair. We stare into each others eyes. Bree's eyes water again.
"Don't cry" I say, "Everything's gonna be alright"
She nods, "I just-"
"Don't worry about me or the baby, its not even worth it, okay?"
She agrees, "Thanks Rye"
I smile and give a little nod. She reaches her arm for my hand--I hold it. She smiles, "I love you"
"Love you too baby" I smile. Suddenly pain hits Bree, her hand grips on tighter to mine, then she releases it. I try to smile, "After two days all the pain will be gone."
She sighs, "Wish it came sooner"
I nod, agreeing with her. It gets silent and I see more tears filling into Bree's eyes. I rush to find something to talk about.
"The names" I grin. She perks up, "Do you like what we thought of?"
"I like Hunter" I say.
"But what if its a girl?" she asks. "I think the baby will be a boy. I can feel it" I reply. She nods, "Me too"
Her eyes get big, "Hair?"
"Maybe a blonde" I say. She nods, "Or brunette"
"I hope he will have you're eyes" I say. She smiles, "Or yours"
"That'd be nice" I smile.  I look at my watch. I have five minutes till I have to go. I wish I could tell Bree five more hours.
"Bree I have to go soon.. In five minutes."
She nods and walks to sit on my lap, "Don't forget to visit"
"Of course" we press each others lips together. Wishing that I could stay in this position all night. Reluctantly I get up and walk out of the room with a little wave.

Next chapter coming soon.. All of you who guessed Rye and Bree would have a boy, you were right ;D