Chapter 41 Snuggled

A day passed. I had heard no new news on Bree. I had gotten off of practice at 2:00 pm. I figured Bree hadn't had lunch so I stopped by Willows new delicatessen. I bought some sandwiches for her and I.
I stopped by our house after to dress into something more comfortable since I'm staying in the hospital for six more hours. Then I head to the hospital, went up to her room that I had memorized. I see her spread out in the bed, griping onto the wood frame.
"You alright Bree?" I ask cautiously. She lifts her head from the pillow, "Not really"
"Can I help?"
She shakes her head, "Its pretty bad" she moans, "The doctor was right, today the pains are getting stronger"
"I got you something" I set the bag on the table, "Want some lunch?"
She gets up slowly and makes her way to me, "You didn't have to" she smiles. I shrug, "You should have something for your energy, and besides the hospital cafeteria isn't good"
She kisses my cheek, "Thanks Rye. How was work?"
We sit down at the table, "Good, we were testing out newly built jets made from district 13"
"I missed you" she smiles. I kiss her nose, "I missed you too.. You have more color today"
"Oh yeah?" she laughs, "I didn't think of color"
I hand Bree her sandwich, "Lite mayo, one slice of tomato, and no iceberg lettuce" I smile. "Thanks again Rye" she says bitting into the sandwich. It was no problem. Bree and I eat silently, enjoying the sandwich. Its just like dad made it. Bree stops eating from a strong sting of pain. She drops it onto the table and holds her stomach.
"Y-you okay?" I ask, knowing that she'll only say no. Shaking her head, without saying anything. The pain takes her voice away. Her eyes shut tightly, soon the pain subsides. She regains consciousness, "Sorry" she says silently.
"Its okay, are you good now?"
She nods, "That was pretty bad"
Still unsure if shes as good as she says she is, we continue eating. Bree doesn't get any other pains while we eat. After we finish she and I snuggle into the hospital bed together--its pretty small, but cozy. We watch some tv, laughing at some of the shows, flipping channels. Bree blenches when the baby kicks her stomach.
"Can you feel it?" she places my hand on her stomach, "See, its strong!"
The kick is stronger than usual. It feels almost to strong to be just one baby. Bree tries her best to ignore it. She'll whimper in pain and grab my arm from time to time.
As night approaches Bree starts to doze off. Still, touching hip to hip, I rub Bree's back to relax her.. She can't fully go to bed, because the pain will move its way in, but she can at least try..
I check my watch, "Its almost time to for me to leave."