- PART THIRTEEN -

.: PART THIRTEEN :.

    The sun gradually began to melt the snow.  Crisp ice transformed into muddy slush, clogging up the streets and pavement.  Although Louis appreciated the warmer weather, he dreaded the return of school.  Anxiety surged through his veins at the thought of violent bullying, invasive whispers, and unwelcome questions.  He didn't want to see his peers again or listen to their inevitable ignorance.  He just wanted to stay here forever, with Harry, in his personal bubble of safety and love.

    Currently, the two boys were sat in Harry's living room.  Originally they'd been playing a game on Harry's new X-Box 360, but that quickly turned into something else.  And since Anne was away shopping, nothing stopped them from making out on the couch.

    Louis straddled Harry's lap, hands pressed to his chest, gripping the thin fabric of Harry's loose t-shirt.  Their lips moved together with passion, urgently, as if each kiss would be their last.  The air felt warm around them, fueled by the fireplace flames with orange silhouettes that licked the white walls. 

    Harry's hand splayed over Louis's thighs.  He wore jogging shorts which, thanks to Harry, were now pushed up to reveal his tanned skin.  His palms kneaded gently into his thighs as they kissed, and his skin felt hot and soft.

    Louis giggled, accidentally breaking the kiss for a few seconds.  He chased after Harry's lips again, but he turned his face slightly.

    "What's so funny?" Harry questioned, a coy grin playing across his face.

    "Nothin'," Louis promised.  "It just tickles."

    "What tickles?"

    "My legs when you touch them like that," Louis clarified with the faintest blush creeping on his cheeks.

    Harry sensed something in the pit of his stomach.  Arousal, perhaps, but he pushed it to the back of his mind.  As of late, his teenage hormones had been getting the best of him.  He knew he shouldn't act upon those feelings, however.  He cared too much about Louis's wellbeing.

    " 'm sorry," Louis murmured.

    He kissed Louis again, this time carding his fingers through his soft hair.  Everything about him felt soft, from his hair, to his skin, to his lips.  Harry nudged Louis's mouth open with his tongue.  Louis whimpered and happily complied, inhaled sharply when Harry tugged his bottom lip between his teeth. 

    " 'arry," Louis whined, craning his neck a bit.

    Harry watched with fondness.  In this dim lighting, he could see shadows carving out his hollowed cheekbones and collarbones.  Everything about Louis looked sharp like a dagger, yet pretty like a rose.

    Harry's lips trailed down Louis's jaw line and reached the side of his neck, where he kissed the skin there, teeth grazing.  He wasn't sure what he was doing, but Louis seemed to like it as he began withering in Harry's lap, choking out little gasps.

    "You're so pretty," Harry said in awe, breathing into his neck.

    Louis's eyelashes fluttered softly against his cheeks.  "Ha—Harry," he stuttered and threw his arms around Harry's shoulders.  His eyes traced the dark ceiling, hidden behind half-closed eyelids.

    Harry's hands moved down to his thighs again and slid his palms against his silky smooth legs.  Slowly, he curled his hands around to squeeze his bum.  Louis froze.  It only took a second before Harry realized what he had done and pulled away.

    " 'm sorry!" Harry gasped.  "I got carried away, and I— are you alright?  I don't know what I was thinking."

    He swore under his breath.  He knew Louis was sensitive with the whole touching thing.  Even though Louis trusted Harry more than anyone else, that didn't change the fact that he'd been sexually abused by his stepfather.  Even the slightest touch in the wrong place could send him over the edge into a panic episode.