- PART EIGHT -

PART EIGHT

The first thought Louis had when he awoke the next morning was "fuck you", seeing as it was only 8:37 on a Saturday.  But then he felt soft kisses peppering his cheeks, and his second thought was simply "Harry".  He instantly smiled into his touch, melting as his boyfriend's sweet lips danced across his face.

"It's time to get up, darling," Harry sung happily, hands roaming up and down his torso to wake him up.  "We've got a long day ahead of us."

Louis chuckled, nudging him away playfully.  He rolled over onto his side, so his back was facing him.  Harry sighed at that.

"Five more minutes," Louis grumbled.

He loved Harry with all his heart─ he'd been his best friend since they were seven for crying out loud─ but right now, he just wanted to punch him.  Nobody was allowed to disrupt Louis Tomlinson's beauty sleep, no matter how gorgeous and charming and cute they were.

"No, babe," Harry laughed, poking his shoulder.  "You've gotta get up now.  Mum's cooked us breakfast and then we're goin' out on the lake with our pedal boat afterwards."

"Pedal boat?" Louis murmured groggily.

"Mhm.  Y'know, it's like a boat that you power by peddling like a bicycle," Harry reminded him.

Louis paused, sitting up properly.  He rubbed his eyes tiredly with his knuckles, letting a soft little yawn escape past his lips.  He looked up to see Harry with his perfectly combed hair and nice outfit and bright smile, whereas Louis was basically a potato compared to him.  Or at least that's what he thought.  It was official─ Harry Styles was way out of his league.

"Alright," Louis hummed.  "Can I at least have a good morning kiss, then?"

He puckered his lips teasingly.  Harry snorted before leaning in and pecking his lips.  Louis smiled smugly, having gotten what he wanted.

"Now get up off your lazy arse, brush your teeth, and get dressed.  Wear a jumper, though.  It's quite chilly," Harry reminded him.

"It's cold and we're going pedal boating?" Louis wondered, cocking an eyebrow.

"Don't look at me," Harry said, holding up his hands in defense.  "I don't control the weather.  Besides, my mum said she wanted us to do some sort of physical activity while we're up here, and this definitely qualifies."

"Okay, fine," Louis said, rolling his eyes.  He slowly got out of the small bunk bed, biting his lip as his bare feet touched the cold floor.  He began walking over to the loo, but before he exited, he turned back briefly to face his boyfriend.  "Oh, and Harry?"

"Yeah?"

He pointed a finger at him sternly, narrowing his eyes.  "If I get hypothermia, I'm blaming it all on you, Styles."

❀❀❀

A few minutes later, Louis stepped out of the washroom freshly cleaned and dressed.  Harry tried not to gawk at him since his mother was sitting right next to him, but damn he looked cute.  His hair was swept to the side, with his fringe messily across his forehead.  He was wearing a red slightly oversized jumper and a pair of cream coloured trousers.  The ends of his sleeves hung past his nimble fingertips.  Louis blushed as he caught Harry staring at him.

"So," Louis coughed, "what's for breakfast?"

"I made crepes," Anne said, passing him a plate.

He thanked her and sat down across from Harry.  He happily dotted his crepes with strawberries and whipped cream.  He was always grateful whenever Anne cooked for him because his family never did.  Usually his mum was too busy, so she just fed him takeout or microwavable foods.  And Joseph─ well, he couldn't give to shits about what happened to his stepson.  He could starve for all he cared.