- PART EIGHTEEN -

[This is the final chapter, my friends! Only the epilogue remains. Thank you to everyone who has read this book. You've made this three year journey worthwhile. And as always, follows, comments, and votes are very much appreciated! x]

[Dedication to Lemon19Cupcraft for drawing this beautiful fan art!]

.: PART EIGHTEEN :.

    Louis had a peculiar obsession with pretty things— particularly, pretty things that smelled nice.  He kept countless lotions, body washes, perfumes, candles, and air fresheners throughout their shared flat.  Zayn and Harry didn't mind, though, because they'd rather have their home smell like warm vanilla than manly sweat.  They didn't protest against Louis's feminine touches, either, like when he pinned up fairy lights to their curtains.  He added decorative pillows and flower vases, too, because it gave their apartment "character."

Currently, Harry and Louis sat on their comfy couch with Louis's feet propped up on Harry's lap.  They watched re-runs of reality television in the midst of darkness.  The glow of the telly screen illuminated Louis's face, shadows carving into his sharp cheekbones.  His eyes blinked slowly with exhaustion, dark lashes fluttering delicately.  Louis munched on a bowl of popcorn, and the sound of his crunching filled the room.  Harry giggled sleepily as he played with Louis's wiggling toes.  He wore a pair of fuzzy, blue socks that suffocated his petite ankles. 

"Stop it," Louis chuckled, shifting his feet above Harry's crotch.  "That tickles."

" 's your fault for using me as a footstool," Harry rebuttaled. 

"But you're comfy."

"And you're annoying."

"Shut up," Louis snorted.  He threw a popped kernel at Harry's face.  It ricocheted off of his cheek and bounced onto the floor.

Harry scoffed.  "Oh, wow.  You're so intimidating."

"I can be intimidating," Louis persisted, pouting. 

Distantly, the telly switched to a random commercial.  Harry didn't hear any of it, though.  He only paid attention to the softness of Louis's voice, the heat of his calves pressed against his thighs.

"Course you can," Harry murmured passively.  "You're absolutely terrifying."

Louis scowled, the left corner of his lip curling upward.  He let out the cutest growl that melted Harry's heart into a puddle of love.

"You know," Harry said after a few seconds, "I think we should talk about the thing that happened earlier."

Louis quirked an eyebrow as he munched on a handful of popcorn.  "What thing?" he asked, still chewing.  A dab of melted butter dripped down his chin.

"The kiss," Harry huffed out, "and, um, that I asked you to be my date."

Louis shrugged gently, as if it was nothing.  As if it didn't matter.  "What's there to talk about?"

"I just— I want to make sure we're on the same page."  Harry glanced up shyly to meet Louis's shiny, blue eyes. 

"And what page would that be?"

Harry swallowed the lump in his throat.  "Whatever page you're on, I guess."

Louis let out a few quiet breaths as he glanced downward.  He fiddled with the pink tassels at the edge of a throw pillow.  It felt as soft as a cloud.

"Well, I like you a lot," he admitted, pink glowing on his cheeks, "but I dunno if I can wait three months to go on a date with you."

Harry let out a subtle sigh of relief.  "Yeah, me neither."