Jason XXI

This is the second last chapter! Makes me both happy and sad, but oh well. xD

Thanks for sticking with it so far, my writing times have been a mess, and I'm currently writing this on the morning of my prom because I'm nervous as hell. xD

Anyway, please enjoy. :)

The picture at the side (or wherever Wattpad has relocated the image section :S) is one I found on Twitter. I don't know their WP name, but on Twitter they are @/mywattpadlife, and they post lots of quotes and pictures from lots of WP stories, so you should check them out. :)

_____________________________________________________

The skydive was booked for three days before his 'death date'.

That's what he calls it anyway. I would wince every time he said it, but he had become the human embodiment of the saying 'if you don't laugh about it, you'll cry', so he had a sense of humour about everything.

There were no other free days, and the company assured me they would evaluate him and make sure he was well enough to actually skydive, but I was still worried.

Three days.

Some days he couldn't even walk around, I'd have to wheel him around. Sometimes he spent the whole day in bed. I shouldn't have given in.

***

But two weeks before the skydive he was better than I can remember. He woke late like he used to - that was rare nowadays because he often woke early to throw up. He was even up before me, throwing open the curtains of his room so that sunlight poured in and attacked my sleeping eyes. He sat beside where I lay with a smile on his face.

"Only two weeks," he spoke excitedly, bouncing up and down on the bed.

"Oh. Great." I yawned, stretching. I often slept over his house now. I had almost lived there for the last few months.

"I know you're at least a little bit excited," he said, prodding my side.

I grabbed his hand. "Oh yeah. I love death."

He didn't reply, opting to get changed in front of me instead. I quickly turned away, my face hot. He raised an eyebrow at me when he was done, before pulling me up and out of the door.

"We're meeting Sawyer," he told me, leading me along the hallway.

"Um..."

"What?"

"Sawyer might appreciate it if I was wearing more clothes?" I watched him suddenly realise I was only wearing boxer shorts and an old T-shirt, and it was his turn to blush.

"Oh, yeah. Perhaps you're right." He waved me back to his room, and I laughed.

***

When we got back he curled back up on his bed. He looked a little worn out, as usual, but not as excessively as normal, and a glimmer of hope fluttered around my stomach.

"So, what do you want to do now?" I asked.

I was about to list off a few movies to watch when he muttered, "you."

I stuttered and flushed as if I was some virginal Disney princess, and he grinned at me.

"Come lay down."I walked slowly towards the bed, and he laughed. "Come ooon. I need a nap with my favourite cuddle object."I snorted, but still tried to casually slip into the bed with a still burning face.

"Calm yourself, Alec. I'm not going to grope you," he teased. "Not right now, anyway."

I laughed and moved close to him, feeling his thin arms wrap around me, and I sighed.

Today was a good day.

Maybe...

Maybe he was getting better.

***

"It sounds like he was getting better," she said, mirroring my past thoughts.

"Calm before the storm."