Jason VII

I thought about him a lot.

I knew the divorce of his parents was hitting him hard. I knew that he was upset by the announcement of the divorce and the news that he would be shifting between both houses regularly. But I don't think he had quite comprehended that it was actually happening until it began.

It also came to light that one reason for the divorce was that his mother had been having an affair with another man for 6 months.

His father was heartbroken, and so was he.

I tried my best to console him, but I wasn't in the same position as him, I didn't know what it felt like and I didn't know what to do. My own mother had died birthing me. My little sister technically is not my little sister, my dad adopted her quite a while after I was born because he and my mum had always wanted a daughter, it seemed. So I've never known the pain of my parents divorcing because it never happened. I can't even try to say I know kind of how it feels because my mum died, I can't because I never knew her and I never became attached to her.

He thought I thought he was okay.

He acted like he was in school, but I had learned his face like I had learned the lyrics to my favourite songs. He was not happy.

He was still holding on to the idea of us living together when we were a bit older and had the money. He didn't like his mother's boyfriend and his father had very quickly, almost in retaliation, found a new partner as well, whom he didn't like either. His little brother seemed to be fine with the changes, he didn't know any different.

He didn't want to live with either of them, and although the idea of us living together was something I wanted too, I didn't know if it was going to be possible.

I didn't really know what to do. I thought about it a lot.

 ***

"What do you think about now?" she asked me, a stupid question.

"Him."