Jason XIV

Sorry for how long this chapter took! And thank you ever so much for all your lovely comments, I really appreciate your words. <3

The notifications for my other story didn't work, hopefully this does...

__________________________________________________

A girl asked me out on a date not that long after prom.

He and I were eating lunch, as usual, under the tree on the field. He was making stupid puns and I was laughing so hard that when I tried to have a drink, I snorted water out of my nose.

That's when the girl decided to show up.

"Um - hi," she said, faltering slightly as if debating running away. She had straight, light brown hair that fell down the small of her back. Her face was round and friendly face, and she had blue eyes.

"Hello!" he said cheerily.

She ignored him completely, which wasn't a good start for her.

"So, Alec, could I talk to you for a minute?" She motioned to the side for a 'private talk'.

"Yeah, sure," I said, but then as she began to move away I said; "here."

"Er - okay."

There was silence.

"I saw the way you helped Sawyer in art, I thought that was really, really sweet of you," she praised, sitting down beside me.

"Thanks, I guess. Were you there?" I asked, because I didn't actually know who she was.

She looked like I had just voiced the most offensive insult. "I - I'm Eva, Eva Richards. I'm in your art and science classes..."

I remembered her then, she sat quite near to me in science, next to Jenny. She looked at me a lot and always asked me for help with the easiest questions. I didn't really know anything about her.

He nudged me in the side with his elbow. "Rude!" he whispered in my ear.

"Oh! Yeah, I remember now, sorry, my memory's a bit shit," I lied, but she seemed pleased, and so did he.

"All that revision frying your brain, huh?" She laughed.

"I guess." I smiled. "Wasn't there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Oh, er, yeah!" She turned to him. "Could you...go away for a few minutes?"

"I - sure, okay..." he stuttered. He begun to rise but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "He stays," I snapped.

She looked startled. "Okay then. I was just...well, I've been - I think you're - I like you!" She blurted out, and he gasped beside me.

"You...you like...me?" I repeated stupidly.

"Yeah..." She grinned sheepishly, "and I came here to ask you if you'd...go on a date with me? We could go to the cinema or something and-"

"No!" I exclaimed instantly. Her eyes widened and she suddenly looked very upset. "I mean, you're...you're nice and all that, but I don't really know you and I'm not really - I don't - I'm not really into dating right now..."

She looked crestfallen as she got up off the grass. "Oh, okay then, fine," she mumbled, and left.

"Alec." He turned to me once she was out of earshot."You heartless bastard."

I laughed, and so did he.

"Sawyer won't be pleased with you." He chuckled.

"Why not?"

"All that shit she says about having relationships. She's going to crucify you for passing up this opportunity."

"Sawyer just likes girls too much to understand why anyone else wouldn't want to be permanently attached to one," I replied.

He hummed in agreement.

 ***

"Did you ever have girlfriend?" she asked me.

A short, harsh bout of laughter passed through my lips. "No."