12:02

Shawn feel asleep in the back seat. Before his nap, he had taken off his business attire- heavy raincoat, button up shirt, leather belt, black slacks and loafer shoes. He was nearly naked in a pajama outfit.

Cameron couldn't help but peak in his mirror every once in a while, admiring Shawn's masculine body. From the collar bones to his shoulder blades, the creases in his arm muscles to how his vein reached from his neck down to his wrists. He even had a large upper body than his legs. Which were light, white, and pale. Cameron adored it.

He noticed the delicate movement of Shawn in his sleep phase and decided to flicker his gaze back to the road.

It was nine and Cameron has only traveled one state away from New York- which was Pennsylvania.

He wondered why he was even doing this. Why was it so necessary to take some stranger all the way across the world like it was some family adventure. The car is not even suitable, he was working up the money to pay for the car maintenance, he might as well make Shawn pay the expenses. Another issue, does this kid in the back seat even have enough money? Well, he as in a suitable attire before getting in here, also seemed like a train wreck- maybe it was work.

Ah, this guy has enough money... if not, I'll just push him out the cab, leaving his luggage in the trunk.

"Hello?" the voice in the back spoke. "Hey?" Cameron responded.

"I don't care alright. I am leaving and not coming back. So go tell him I don't give a, excuse me, I don't give a fuck." Cameron turned around only to notice that his client was on the phone. Seems like a personal issue as to why this guy wants to travel so far, Cameron thought. Maybe soon enough, he will take his chances into asking Shawn about his problems- if thats alright with him.

"Should of known you weren't talking to me." Cameron mumbled under breath as soon as Shawn hung up the phone and went back to fetal position in the back seat. "What?" Shawn groaned, "Just please, look back at the road Mr. Dallas."

Cameron felt compelled by the formality. He has never been treated which such respect. Most people throw the money to the passenger seat without saying thank you. The sudden respect urged Cameron to maybe be lenient on his guy. The typical Cameron Dallas cab driver would make sure they get to their route on time, with the occasional sarcastic jokes and witty comments. This time around, he actually wanted to care- he is going to be with this client for a while, so why not?

"Any bathroom breaks?" Cameron asked out of courtesy. "Is there any coming up?" Cameron cringed at how Shawn replied with a question, he likes things straightforward. "Well in about ten minutes, now... do you need a restroom break?" Shawn nodded.

Cameron continued to turn up the music. It wasn't the radio, it was his own. He was into this type of indie voice mixed with a chill trap, sometimes sad core music. It helped him calm down. "What you listening to?" Shawn asked slightly rubbish. "Music. There a problem?" Shawn shook his head, "Kinda sad, no?" the cab driver made a chuckle, "Only if you make it seem, sir." Cameron turned the volume to twenty eight as his poor speakers did not make it loud enough; volume ten was inaudible, volume forty was ear shattering.

They finally reached their destination after about three songs. Cameron parked the car, making Shawn have a weird expression. "What? You're coming out too?" It left Cameron making a giggle, "Cab drivers need breaks too." He got out and locked the car.
Shawn added before walking ahead of his driver, "Tell me more later, okay?" The sincerity in his voice, Cameron could tell that Shawn cared, he wanted more.

He went into the shop and got himself donuts and a warm coffee. From the side of his eye he could see Shawn complaining with the employee but didn't bother asking.

Cameron end up keeping his distance and waiting until Shawn went outside, with a pack of what? He wasn't too sure what he had purchased from the front.

When Cameron walked out of the shop, he could see Shawn in the dim lights; ruffled hair, his business pants on without a belt, he was even wearing just a tank top that men wear under their clothing. He walked into the store like this? It's shamelessly depressing. He observed Shawn some more.

He had a cigarette to his lips. He looked hurt by the way the flame wouldn't light up and spark the tip of his swig. "Shawn?" Cameron called out. "What.." You could hear the breakage in his voice. "So. Do you smoke regularly?" Cameron was curious because Shawn did not look like the type. "Why? Does it bother you." Inside yes... "No." He examined Shawn a little more unti he would answer. "Okay, this is my first time. I hear it's stress relieving. I need that." Cameron went close to Shawn, "You don't need it. Talk to me.."

The misfortunes boy put the cigar down, "I am not telling my random stranger cab driver my personal secrets and problems thank you very much." Cameron gave him a tiny grin, "As you wish..." He opened Shawn's passenger seat, but we should change that."

[ July 11 ]