12:06

I'm in a taxi cab with a cab driver that lives in his own cab. Remind me to jump out as soon as possible, oh and to use a uber next time.

"Uhm... Cameron. One stop. Please?" I asked, looking out the window. "It also comes with a really long favor." He gave me a concerning look. "So you're telling me all these favors earlier were short?" He smart talked me back. It made me subtly laugh.

"Anyways. Before, this, before everything. Happened. Before I lost my job or boyfriend, I actually was suppose to see my family in Chicago. For Christmas." I gave him an innocent point hoping he'd fall for my motives.

Cameron sighed and pondered to his GPS. "Ugh...fine. What's the address." He slid me the monitor as I clicked away with my fingertips. I couldn't wait to see my parents home considering it's those ideal American ones like the TV family shows. I was currently living in a dull brick apartment that was way to pale blog.

I wonder if my parents will fall for my manipulative plans. I do feel rather bad that I'm putting Cameron in this position but it was already a plan for me to take my soon to be husband with me for break.

"Cameron. Here's the plan."

"What?! A plan. You've got to be kidding me. I thought I'm just going with you to meet your family."

"And you are..." I awkwardly laugh. "You're going to meet them as Taylor Caniff, executive manager for Pinecone Headquarters, my fiancé. The man who gave me his heart along with nice jewelry, furniture, and has a nice car at home."

He started to bang his hand on the dashboard. "You're kidding right! Haha. You think I can really pull that off?"

"Oh sure you can." I put my hand on his head and move his hair around. "Here, look!" I adjusted his jacket collar. Combed his hair upward. Used my thumb along with my saliva to wipe away the drool marks on his chin.

I took a step back. "Haha, not too bad." The more I look at him, in a sense, I do find him a decent attractive man. I'm sure if he grows out his hair and cuts it soon enough he can have a hot stubble of facial hair.

"Mr. Mendes?" Cameron snaps. "You still there right. Tell me about your family at least.. so I know who's who."

Right. If I needed him as my future husband, he should know all my relatives and everyone's personalities and situations. If he doesn't know, it seems like I never bothered to let him get to know my family.

"Call me Shawn." I spoke, being direct because I was tired of this act. We might as well get to know each other since I pushed it this far. Though, I remember both of us saying that we wouldn't get personal with each other.

"Okay sure, babe." Cameron commented ever so casually.

I swatted his hand with my skin boiling, "Excuse you? All I said was that you can address me as SHAWN not one of your fuck around nicknames!"

He started to laugh and it made me irritated. This is like verbal harassment! "Shawn... I was just practicing. You're my, so called, fiancé. So what.. fine. I'll just call you sir and mister like earlier." He rolled his eyes and I did the same. This smart talker.

"You're lucky you're cute. I probably would of pushed you out of this cab if I couldn't stand you already."

"Wait? You can't stand me."

"Nope."

"And you're only keeping me because of my looks?"

"Nope."

I sat in silence wondering, how did my actual boyfriend back at home get irritated with me and leave me like that but some random guy in a cab is taking the time to accept me.

He turned up the music and we let the silence fill the and until an hour or so.

"By the way... it's because I think you deserve the help."

I though about how can some guy be so optimistic with my life. How can he care so much. Then I go back to thinking, yeah, I see it now. He doesn't have much in his life. For a second I thought he cared but then I come to think, maybe he's just doing his job.

"Are you serious?" I asked, dwindling woth the blanket over my lap. I looked straight at the dim lights we drove by as the shadow hovered the car hood. "Serious about?"

Serious about his actions for me. "Why do you care so much?" He slowed down his speed and merged to the right lane. "I care because I think you're capable of everything I wasn't. It's a sign you've lost your job and your boyfriend. Maybe life has better things either with your parents in Chicago or during your vacation in Los Angeles."

I smiled at the generous and thoughtful words. Nobody, not even Taylor, had these positive judgments about myself. I was always just there and everything was given to me. Almost like right now I believe. I think Cameron is doing things too willingly and I need to step up for myself sometimes.

"When will I get to know your life?" It's a thought of mine that's still been running the last four days with him.

"Oh, not so soon yet."

-

My apologies, I haven't wrote or looked back in this for a while.

Not too sure if they're heading toward thanksgiving or winter break

& I think we crossed the map pretty fast too bc next chapter will be them with Shawn's family lol when it's only been like 4 days and they started off at NY

[ sep 29 ]