12:08

There were something's I maybe didn't tell Cameron and now it was time. We are only a few exits away from my parents home.

"Okay.. Cameron. I have a confession to make. Well just a little more to what I had told you already." My voice gets squeaky as I squint my eyes. "Uh what?"

"Remember how I told you that we're going to meet my parents and how I was previously engaged before getting in this car and how I had a really swell career?" He nods at me and I'm sure he can tell it will not be good.

"RIGHT, so, yeah! You're my fiancé! And you work at a large corporation! And yeah, were getting married soon and you give me the world and I love you because you're smart and generous and have an amazing sense of humor!" I smile at him, laying an arm on his shoulder.

He shrugged it off and glared at me. "And how will I pull that off?! They're all lies. I thought I'm just going to be your boyfriend. I don't want a background story for how I love you and what I do for you. And what if your mom asks for wedding plans? We don't have any!"

I started to tear up, thinking, damn I really am pathetic for believing that I could actually have a happy lifestyle.

"Shawn? Ah no. Not the water works. Okay fine. We're getting married!" Cameron shouts in frustration. "YAY!" I hollered.

Soon enough, were making the exit and I see the gated community from here. Yes, successful parents wanting a successful kid, who isn't successful.

"Wow. This is it, hmm.." Cameron nods his head in awe. "Yes, a lot of expectations coming from two people in that large home." I sighed.

We walked together toward the stone pathway that led us to the large entrance. "Wow heavy door knocker." Cameron snickered as he held the metal and let it hit against the wood.

"SHAWN!" my parents welcomed me as all arms hovered and fell upon my body. They tugged my arm as I grabbed Cameron's hand to follow along. "Hi parents." I smiled as we finally let go.

They looked at me for a moment in awe without saying anything. Then they looked at Cameron, happily. "Haven't seen you in a year wow."

"Hello, Taylor right? Call me Manny, and this is Karen." my dad introduced Cameron while shaking his hand. The only thing I have to really deal with is the idea that I have to call Cameron Taylor and try not to accidentally slip out the wrong name.

"I'm so glad you've taken my son in to the right hands. You're very handsome. And, that career of yours oh boy. I've heard good news about that. Thank you for giving Shawn the job!" My mom cupped Cameron's cheeks.

We decided to have dinner and get to know each other. This was the part that I really hoped would go well. I don't want anything to spill.

Cameron sat next to me, across my mom and I sat across my dad. They started talking about the roof over our head and what we plan for the futures. I spoke most of the time until they directed their gaze to Cameron with this, "Taylor, why do you like Shawn? Like how did the two of you decide to get married? It's the first time I'm meeting you and you've given me the greatest impression. So tell us." my dad told Cameron.

"Well uh. Shawn here..." I stopped Cameron from talking, "I really don't think he wants to-"

"Get into detail? Because I will. It's so hard to talk about my feelings for him. He makes me speechless. When he wakes up out of bed, it makes a melody so simple and soothing. I just want to have him around forever. I love his company and the way he crinkles his nose when he laughs. Did you know he sings. Amazing. I hope for the best in his future, with me in it." Cameron looks down at his food and does a small smile. A sheepish one, likes he trying to cover it.

My heart melted when he said those words but how could he of known all those things. Unless, he assumed, or that's how he feels about me but I'm sure he doesn't care for me like that.

Cameron and I excused ourselves and helped clean up around the kitchen before getting to bed. My parents like the lights out by nine and said tomorrow will be a lot more fun. Oh I hope. And my siblings are coming so we'll see what happens like that.

My parents showed us to the guest bedroom with one bed and a huge bathroom. One bed. Yes.

"Uh. You just sleep on the bed, I'll go sleep on the floor." Cameron suggested. I went to the restroom to brush my teeth and while doing that I see him undressing his shirt and I lightly scream as he looks at the mirror he noticed me and grabbed a blanket to wrap himself around.

"Sorry!" He shouted. "No... It's okay. Not like I've never been exposed to something like that before." I laugh and spit out all of my content.

"Sure you good down there. I'll give you some extra blankets here." I throw him the blankets and offer to make the bedding for him but he disregards.

He noticed me staring at him so I quickly look away. "What's up?" He laughed and it made my heart flutter just for half a second. "I wanted to ask... how did you know I sing?"

"Hello.. you sing in your sleep. I hear you mumble things and one time you made the most perfect melody. Hence me,bsaying that line..." What line have I ever said? I don't recall singing anything or ever making up a song. "What was it?"

"The part... you've said... as you get up out of bed..." he sang to me, not good but good enough to think it's decent.

He's a decent guy.

[ nov 6 ]