12:09

Cameron is meeting my siblings today and I'm by far terrified, he can't screw up and he needs to know their names correctly.

They come walking through the door as my parents greet them. Everyone storms for hugs, it feels so nice to be all together. "This is Taylor. And this is Aaliyah, and Ian." (I know who Ian is, I just think it's good for Shawn to have another brother in this book don't harass me lol).

I point both directions as the three meet each other. "Aw he's cute." Aaliyah says into my ear. "And successful." Ian grins.

We're all scattered in this car on our way to some restaurant. Fancy because that's the way my family lives lavish. I mean I am that way, I was that way with Taylor, spoiled and greedy, but after meeting Cameron, I think I've hanged.

He doesn't have the world, he isn't completely happy, but he tells himself happiness is out there one day. I have to respect him for that.

There was a guy who was walking to our table with light in his eyes, he was one of the servants. "Cam! Is that you?" He shouted. "It's me Aaron. Wow you're so grown and mature looking. Way to go kid! Now what drinks I can get for ya? On the house."

"Wait Cam? Isn't your name, Tay?" Aaliyah furrows her eyebrows. 

"YES... His name is Tay.. Taylor Caniff. They must of gave each other that nickname of some sort or something back then!" I cover him up due to the fact that I cannot let this plan slip through my fingertips.

"Very well then, Cameron or Taylor whatever you may address.. I'm glad you're eating with the family. Welcome." My mom tells him and I can't help but smile knowing that she's very happy.

The dinner goes by with Cameron impressing my family, and I mean he's doing very well. He's talking about himself and they love him, and these aren't even Taylor's traits I told him about. It's Cameron.

We get back home and an unfamiliar car is in our driveway. I furrow my eyebrows. "Who owns this lambo?" Cameron says in awe as he walks toward it.

"Shawn says you have three at home, what's to be impressed about?" My dad asks him. He stands straight and crosses his arms, "I mean I love cars in general. This is still nice. Always nice." Cameron covers himself up.

I look at a figure on our porch as we walk in a little closer. His hand is to his ears as I assume he's on the phone. When he turns around his mouth drops as he comes running to me. "Shawn!" He yells.

"Yes?" I look at this man who left me because he cared more about his job than to spend the holidays with me.

"Hi. Nice to meet you. Hello. Hello." He started to shake my parents hand but I pushed him away. I felt embarrassed, my cheeks spewing hot fire as I buried my face behind my hands.

"Who's this?" Ian asks confused, like the curious brother he is.

"I'm Shawn's fiancé." He smiles.

The look on my family's face is one I will never forget. They look lost, upset, angry, I felt ashamed that I've disappointed them.

"Then who is this?" Aaliyah asks tugging Cameron's hand.

"I uh... I.." I couldn't get the words out. Cameron steps foot in front of all of us.

"I'm Shawn's taxi cab driver. I, see, he.. Taylor.. Damn. All Shawn wanted to do was impress you guys, he used me to act as if they were still together. I'm sorry Shawn
if you didn't want this to spill, but yes Shawn and Taylor broke up but he didn't want you disappointed." Cameron wipes his face with his palms.

Taylor walks towards me and cups my face. "I love you and I don't know why I ever left. I was too caught up with my job and I'm sorry. Will you take my hand in marriage all over again?"

I look at Cameron and he furrows his eyebrows. "You can't be kidding me." He says under breath looking left and right as he seems as if he's about to cry.

My parents look at my direction as well. "You've let a stranger in your life to impress us? Shawn..." They looked angry at me, I see Cameron running off. I begin to chase after him but Taylor is already grabbing my arm.

"Taylor. No. I will not." I tell him crossing my arms and kicking my feet.

"Why not?"

"You can't just come to my parents house, uninvited telling me the job got in the way. The few days with Cameron was better spent than the whole two years with you." I spat in his face.

"And I think my parents would like Cameron better anyways. He's sincere, kind, he can talk about everybody, not cocky or conceited like you. And I... I think he loves me more than you ever will."

I drop everything and begin looking out the drive way, Cameron nowhere to be found.

The only thing that I can think of. Run.

I run, following the path that I can assume would be Cameron. It hasn't been too long I'm sure he's still around.

I don't bother to look left and right when crossing the streets. When I get to the stop light, I ignore the signs and continue to pace myself-- hearing the occasional car horns that direct me out the way.

I spot this taxi cab that I've grown to enjoy the comfort in. It's silly how we told my parents we didn't know who's cab it was. But I know, it's Cameron's. Ours.

"CAMERON!!!" I shout as I wave from behind the hoping he could see me. The lights hovering over me and the car glass. I could see my reflection and boy do I look desperate.

He stops the car and my acceleration isn't consistent. I end up hitting myself against the cab.

Cameron steps out in this busy street. He looks at me. Red eyes and the stained cheeks. He still shines either way.

I put my hands around his neck and bring him close to me. I look him deep in the eye before I plant my lips onto his. It's a feeling of comfort as I enjoy every bit. It's almost as I imagined when I started to feel as if I liked him, but I always denied it.

But now I'm finally sure. "I love you."

[ dec 8 15 ]