Ch. 3: Heavenly Assembly

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE EXTERMINATIONS ARE OVER!?" Adam yelled at Sera.

"It is an order from the Archangels, they don't want to continue the meaningless bloodshed." Sera said, her back turned to Adam as she is truly done with his shit.

"But hell is still over populated! You're cutting out a public service that YOU approved!" Adam shouted at her.

"If that's so, how many have you killed in this "public service" over the last few years?" Sera asked.

Adam grit his teeth as he knew the numbers they had been reporting had been getting lower and lower since Emily went to Hell.

The reason? After Charlie and Vaggie became Queens of Hell, they had started a project to make "Extermination Evacuation Centers" that would protect Sinners during that time of year.

And they worked, VERY well. Which was VERY bad for Adam's record.

"Besides, as I said, this comes from the Archangels, ever since... ever since God's death, they've been in charge, and I will not go against God's sons and daughter." Sera said.

For the past several years, Sera had done whatever she could to avoid making the archangels angry, as she knew she was on thin ice with some of the things she had done.

"This is fucking ridiculous!" Adam said, "Why I-"

"Will calm down and do nothing." A new voice said.

Adam and Sera looked at the entrance to the room and saw Michael standing there. Sera quickly looked at the floor.

"You are dismissed, Adam, I have important work to do with Sera." He commanded.

Adam glared at him and stormed out of the room. Once the door closed, Michael looked at Sera.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I am. Thank you asking, sir." Sera said as she nodded.

"Good, follow me." Michael said.

Michael and Sera walked to the Inner Sanctum.

"What business do I have here, if I may ask?" Sera asked.

"There is a meeting, and one of the archangels requested you being here." Michael said, "He said you would like to hear what he has to say."

Sera nodded and followed Michael to the meeting room, but she couldn't help but stop in front of a certain door.

"This... is where it happened, wasn't it?" She asked with a gulp.

Michael stopped for a minute, before he nodded sadly.

"Yes, that is where Father was found dead." Michael said, "We forbid anyone from being inside, the only time we go in is on the anniversary of his death... come... we don't want to be late."

They continued moving until they arrived at the meeting room. That's where Sera saw someone she never expected to see here again.

"Lucifer?" She said in shock.

Lucifer smiled, and yes, it was a shit eating grin, he wasn't trying to, but he couldn't resist.

"Hello, Sera." He said, "Glad you could make it."

"I-It is nice to be here but why are you here?" Sera asked, trying to be polite.

"You will find out soon." Michael said to her.

Taking their places, with Sera being at Michael's side, the meeting soon began.

"As you all know, last week we decided to stop the exterminations, one of our biggest changes yet." Michael said, "This week, we will bring about the next biggest change... telling Heaven about the Seven Archangels being in control of heaven."

"Seven!?" Sera said in shock.

Sure most of heaven knew that the Archangels were in charge now, but no one had any idea that all seven of them were. Lucifer smirked.

"What? Surprised that I'm your boss?" Lucifer asked, "It was Father's will."

"WHAT?!" Sera shouted in shock as all of her eyes appeared and went wide in shock.

"After father died, we found his will, signed just days before he died... all seven archangels are in charge." Jophiel said, gesturing to her brothers. "We don't understand why though, everything seems too... simple."

"Whatever the case, we are in charge." Gabriel said, turning to his former fallen brother. "Now, Lucifer, I believe you had something to say?"

"Yes... but... now that you mention it, something is strange." He said, standing up and walking to a window to look out at Heaven, "Father was all knowing... he knew what would happen...which means he knew who would kill him, and when."

"Lucifer, what are you saying?" Sera asked.

"... Father was the strongest being in the universe, he formed the universe... if he knew that someone would be gunning for him... why not stop it before it could happen?" He asked, turning back to everyone.

That was when everyone went rigid... they hadn't thought of that.

"This meeting adjourned, we need to find out anything we can about this, right now." Michael said.

As all of the archangels and Sera nodded in agreement, they didn't notice that someone was spying on their secret meeting.

A certain individual... someone that had to report her findings immediately.

"Adam will be interested in this." Lute said.