Serena's Secret Part 4

Gary and Serena began to make their way back to the beach. Serena's throat hurt from holding back her tears, but she didn't want Ash to know she had been crying. She looked across the beach in hope that Misty wouldn't be there, but her hopes died as she watched Ash and Misty building a sandcastle together.

Misty looked across the beach and noticed Gary and Serena walking towards them.
"I don't know why you let her travel with you, Ash..." She said.
"Huh? What are you talking about?" Ash asked.
"Well... look at her!" Misty snapped, angrily.
"I think she's kinda cute..." Ash blushed. Misty was about to say something to Ash, but Gary put his arms around her waist, immediately silencing her. Ash and Serena stood there awkwardly.
"Hey, where did you run off to?" Ash asked her.
"Uh.. I heard there was a sale at my favourite store..." Serena sniffled. Ash nodded his head.
"I'll never understand what's so great about shopping" he laughed. Serena smiled a little and looked down.
"I-i'm gonna go find Bonnie..." Serena smiled unconvincingly. Ash grabbed her arm.
"Wait up, i'll come too!" He said, giving her a small smile.

'No matter what I do to get away from him... He keeps following me... And why didn't anyone tell me Misty and Gary were dating?! Still, there was no need in Misty being all over Ash like that! And-' Serena's thoughts where interrupted by Ash clearing his throat. "Uh.... Did you say something?" She asked him.
"I was just saying... You don't seem yourself today. Is everything okay?" He looked at her. Serena looked down. "I'm fine, Ash!" She quietly told him. "Serena, look at me." Ash said, as he lifted Serena's chin up so she was looking at him. "I know you're not okay." He said, as he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her.