Serena's Secret Part 17

Serena told Dawn her side of the story about what happened between her and Gary before the pair got back to the hotel room that had been booked for all the girls. Serena shrugging off the cold stares she got because all she wanted to do was give Bonnie her usual tuck in to make sure she was okay. Dawn joined May, Iris, Misty and Korrina in the circle they were in, playing card games. After such a long and miserable day, seeing Bonnie fast asleep cheered Serena right up. She'd missed her Cupcake so much. Gently, she pulled the sheets over Bonnie's petite body, tucking the sides into her in order to keep her snug.
"Goodnight Cupcake." She whispered quietly, as she slowly tiptoed towards the door.
"S-Serena?" Bonnie's small voice trailed across the room. Serena sighed, walking over to the bed.
"Sorry I woke you." She said, sitting down beside the girl.
"You didn't. I couldn't sleep." She replied, tears forming in her tired eyes. "Bonnie what's wrong?" Serena asked, wiping her wet cheeks, but once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. Serena picked up Bonnie and held her close, trying to calm her down. She began humming softly. She'd never really seen Bonnie so upset like that, so it broke her. What had caused this happy, care free girl to get as historical as she was?

Before long, Bonnie's tears had calmed down, but her head was still buried in Serena's chest.
"Cupcake... are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" She whispered. The room stayed silent, every so often interrupted by tiny sniffles.
"I was s-scared." She let out. Serena looked down at her, curiously.
"Scared? Scared of what?"

"I didn't know where you were.."

"I know. I'm sorry Bonnie-"

"-And th-they started arguing. Misty said something mean.. a-about you.."

"Misty?"

"Uh-huh, and then Ash told her to stop and h-he got really mad"

"He did?"

"Y-yeah and then G-Gary hurt him and Ash was bleeding!"
The tears began rolling again. Serena mopped Bonnie's face once again. "Cupcake I'm sure Ash is fine! Don't you worry about him, okay?" But her words didn't help and Bonnie continued sobbing.

Back in the other room, Dawn, Iris, May, Korrina and Misty were playing blackjack competitively.
"HA! BUST!" May smiled.
She was tired and didn't want to play anymore. As she was about to stand up, there was a knock on the door. "Oh, uh I'll get it!" She smiled, running to the door. "Who is it?" She asked, peeking her head around the door. "Ash?" The boy stood there, expressionless.
"Can I come in?" May noticed the dry blood still under his nose. She nodded her head, opening the door wide enough for him to enter. He walked in and looked at the girls in the circle. "I'd just like to apologise for my behaviour today. I was mad, and I snapped. I'm sorry to all of you. Especially you, Mist." Everyone smiled at him, accepting his apology. Everyone that is, except Misty.
"Oh hey, Serena and Bonnie are in the bedroom." May smiled, sitting back in the circle with the others.
"Oh, right! Serena! I-I forgot about her..." Ash admitted, walking off to the bedroom and knocking a particular pattern on the door.

On the other side of the door, Serena was still cradling Bonnie. The minute there was a knock on the door, Bonnie jumped away from Serena, who looked at her confusedly.
"It's Ash! That's our knock!" Bonnie shouted excitedly, pulling back the door. Serena watched, a smile pressed on her lips as Ash kneeled down while Bonnie threw her arms around him. "I'm so sorry about today." Ash told Bonnie, but his eyes were fixed on Serena. She stared back at him, her smile fading. She had noticed the blood under his nose. She grabbed a wet towel she had been using on Bonnie's forehead and kneeled down beside Ash, carefully dabbing at his nose. Luckily enough, Bonnie hadn't noticed.
"Sere.. what's wrong?" Ash quietly spoke. Serena gave a weak smile.
"I'm fine. I was just thinking-"
"-about today?" Ash cut her off. The girl nodded.
"I heard what you did for me. But seriously Ash, I don't want you loosing your friends because of me."
Ash looked at her.
"Serena, you're more important to me than some stupid, jealous rumours, ok? I just want to fix everything. Including us." He held an arm out for Serena to join his and Bonnie's cuddle. She hesitated at first but couldn't help herself placing her arms around them and resting her head on Ash's shoulder, his arm wrapped round her waist. Today had turned out to be not so bad after all.