Serena's Secret Part 12

Back at the hotel, Clemont was laying on the sofa, bored.
"Bonnie?" He called out for his younger sister. She didn't answer. "Bonnie where are you?" The little golden haired girl ran in with a huge smirk on her face. Clemont had no idea what she was so happy about, but decided not to ask. He had something else on his mind. "Bonnie, why do you keep pulling us away from Ash and Serena?" He asked. The little girl began to laugh. "I have a surprise for them, so I needed a little more time to set things up." Clemont nodded, smiling at how cute his little sister was.
"You have a big heart." He smiled.

Not too long after, Ash and Serena were outside the door of the suite. "After you." Ash smiled, as he opened the door for Serena, who blushed as she walked past him. As soon as Bonnie saw the pair, she gave a quick smirk and ran over to Serena, hugging her tightly.
"Merry Christmas!" Bonnie smiled, looking up at Serena, before being picked up by her.
"Merry Christmas, my little Cupcake." She said, as she poked Bonnie's nose. Bonnie giggled at hearing the new nickname Serena had given to her. "Cupcake... I like that!" Bonnie jumped down and tugged on Ash's jacket.
"Ash, can you come with me for a second?" She asked. Ash smiled and nodded before Bonnie grabbed his hand and pulled him away. Serena sat down at the end of Clemont's feet.
"So are you having a good Christmas?" Clemont smiled.
"I am. Are you?" Serena smiled back. "Me too." He replied.

Bonnie had pulled Ash into the kitchen. "Now you stand here and do not move." She told him.
"Uh...okay" Ash laughed.
She then left Ash and went back to Clemont and Serena. As she had with Ash, she grabbed Serena's hand and pulled her over to the kitchen door. "Stand there." Bonnie told her, making Serena laugh.
"So I just stand... Bonnie?" She looked around, but Bonnie had left her. "Uh..." She stood there for a moment before she pushed open the kitchen door, revealing an equally confused Ash. "What's going on?" He asked her. Serena shook her head.
"Bonnie told me to stand outside the door..." Serena attempted to finish her sentence. Ash laughed, telling her how Bonnie had also told him to stand where he was. While Ash and Serena were talking, Bonnie ran behind Serena and nudged her closer to Ash, making her cheeks fill with a faint shade of pink.
"You know what you're standing under... Right?" Bonnie's smile seemed to grow even bigger. Confused, the pair looked up.
"Mistletoe?" Ash asked. Serena's face had now turned a deep shade of Crimson. The little girl forcefully pushed Serena, who fell into Ash's arms.
"You do know how this works don't you? You're supposed to kiss!" She grinned an evil grin as she closed the kitchen door and locked it. Ash and Serena were now alone, Ash still holding her. Serena looked deep into Ash's eyes. He looked back. A sudden unexpected rush of confidence ran through Serena's entire body. She quickly leaned in, and tenderly kissed his lips. Ash was a little taken aback at first, but soon found himself wrapping his arms around her and kissing her back.
For a moment, everything seemed perfect. Everything was fitting into place, as if someone had fulfillingly placed the final piece of the puzzle. Serena pulled away, looking at Ash once again, tears in her crystal blue eyes.
"I'm sorry..." She croaked, and she moved away from him and sat down at the kitchen table. Ash rubbed his nose awkwardly.
"Uh... I-I guess we should open some presents, huh?" He put a hand on Serena's shoulder. "Bonnie, you can let us out now!" He called.
"Have you kissed yet?" She spoke under the door. There was an awkward silence, except for a few sniffles coming from Serena. The sound of a key going into a door seemed to echo through the kitchen as Bonnie slowly crept in. "Serena? Why are you crying?" She climbed onto Serena's lap and wiped her damp face. Ash pulled a chair up and sat next to Serena.
"Hey, it's okay!" He smiled gently, grabbing her hand. She attempted a small smile but her face seemed to scrunch up more. "Sere, please don't cry..." He whispered, letting go of her hand. Serena sighed and wiped away the remaining years from her face.
"No, I'm okay now... I-I'm sorry I caused a scene..." She picked up Bonnie and placed her on her feet on the floor, walking off silently in order to wash her face.