Serena's Secret Part 23

While Ash and Korrina were leaning over a map of the city, Bonnie grew impatient. 'They're taking too long. We'll never find Serena at this rate!' She looked over at Korrina and Ash. "Guys look, a big scary monster!" She pointed over toward a water fountain. Ash and Korrina didn't even flinch, their eyes were glued to the map. She crossed her small arms across her body and tapped her foot impatiently. "I have a tummy ache. I think it's from all of the poisonous berries I ate." Bonnie unconvincingly rubbed her tummy and groaned. Nothing. It was pointless to even try to get their attention.
Bonnie decided to take the situation in her own hands and chased after the girls they had overheard talking about a mysterious girl in a shop. She ran at top speed, almost stumbling every few steps. "Hey, wait!" She called after them. The girls continued walking, too engaged in their conversation to hear Bonnie's small cries. "Excuse me!" She shouted, growing nearer and nearer to the girls.

"Do you hear that?" One of the girls turned around and saw Bonnie running toward her. "Huh? Hey Penny, look!" She said, turning her friend around. The pair stood there and watched as Bonnie stopped in front of them, puffing and panting.
"What's wrong? Have you lost your mommy?" The girl named Penny kneeled down to see what the problem was. Bonnie caught her breath before replying.
"Me and my friends heard you talking about a girl in a store.." Bonnie started, still panting.
"You mean the old lady's place?" The other girl asked. Bonnie nodded her head quickly.
"You said that there was a girl helping the lady out.. I think it might be my friend!" The small girl told them. The girls looked at each other. Was this little girl serious? "Uh.. yeah well I think we'd better find your mommy first."
Bonnie stomped her foot on the ground.
"My mommy isn't here anymore. She's in heaven, so please don't assume things that you don't know." She huffed. The two girls looked at each other, baffled. For a little girl she sure did have a big attitude.
"Uh, sorry about my friend.. what was your name again?" Penny sweat dropped.
"My name is Bonnie, but that's not the point. Can you help me find out if it's my friend at that store or not?"

Korrina pointed to the map excitedly.
"This could be it! There's a fishing shop just down the road!" She laughed.
"I guess it's worth a try. C'mon, Bonnie, lets go!" Ash looked up. "Uh.. Bonnie?" He looked around. Great. Just great. He'd managed to lose Bonnie now too. He ground his teeth against each other angrily.
"Hey, don't get yourself so worked up. Lucario and I have got this!" The hyperactive girl let out her partner Pokémon. "C'mon Lucairo! Let's go find Bonnie!" She called out. Almost immediately, Lucario traced the little girls scent. He barked, letting Korrina know, and the pair ran off with Ash sprinting after them.

The two girls walked toward Chio's shop, Bonnie between them. They were telling Bonnie about how she's really helped out the old lady, since no one really shopped there anymore because of how ancient looking and dusty it was.
"Well, here it is!" The girl named Penny stopped outside the shop and looked at Bonnie. "Go ahead!"
The little girl didn't hesitate, she ran into the shop, looking around. Chio smiled a warm smile at her.
"How can I help you, dear?" She asked. Bonnie breathlessly explained to Chio how she was looking for her friend. "Just a minute, I'll go and get her." The kind lady said, and she went into the back. Bonnie looked around the store, waiting patiently. Everything was so sparkly and pretty. She giggled to herself, imagining all the sparkles being fairy dust. She began dancing around, happily pretending she was a fairy, being as elegant as she could.
"Bonnie?"
Her etiquette dancing was interrupted by a small voice on the other side of the room. Bonnie looked up, and sure enough, she found her friend standing beside the elderly lady.
"Serena!" Bonnie cried, running toward the girl. She jumped into her arms, hugging her tightly.

Meanwhile, Korrina and Ash were still running as fast as they could, following Lucario's sharp nose.
"It has to be close now!" Korrina shouted back to Ash. He nodded his head, panting. He wasn't worried so much anymore since he knew he could trust Lucario and his keen sense of smell.
They ran and ran, until Lucario slowed down and eventually came to a stop.
"What's wrong Lucario? Did you lose it?" Korrina panicked. The Pokemon barked, shaking its head.
He was staring ahead at a small shop. This was it. This was the place.