Serena's Secret Part 24

Serena and Bonnie were giggling around Chio's store, catching up and trying on adorable little outfits.
Serena spun around, her rose dress flattering her curvy figure.
"Wow, you're so pretty Serena! I wish I looked like you!" Bonnie stared in awe at Serena, stars in her big eyes.
"Oh, no. I wish I looked like you, little Cupcake." Serena said, tucking Bonnie's hair behind her ear.
Bonnie giggled delightedly.

BARK BARK

Lucario ran into the store and happily danced in a circle around the two girls.
"Huh? Lucario?" Serena noticed the familiar keystone on the Lucario's arm and gently pet the Pokemon's head. It closed its eyes and smiled, showing that he liked it.
"Where's Korrina?" She asked him. She knew that wherever Lucario was, Korrina was always moments behind.

"Right here!" A silhouette stood at the door. "We found two in one! Bonus!" The figure jumped around, punching its fist in the air.
"Korrina!" Bonnie clapped. "I found her! I found Serena!"

Serena looked around. Where was Ash? And had Korrina and Bonnie come all this way just to find her?
"Nice to see you, guys!" Serena smiled, brushing her hair out of her face.
"Ok, this has been a nice catch up and all, but I think you and a certain someone outside need to patch things up. Lucario, Bonnie and I can take over for a while!" Korrina smiled at Serena.
Serena nodded her head and explained to Chio that she had to sort a couple of things out. She said her goodbyes and left her work in Korrina, Bonnie and Lucario's hands. 

Ash was standing outside, pacing back and forth, muttering to himself.
"I'm sorry."
"Serena, I'm sorry"
"No.. I am sorry"
"You see.. I didn't.."
"I'm very sorry"
Sigh
Ash rehearsed over and over what he was going to say to Serena. 'Just go in there and say: Serena. I'm sorry.' He told himself, taking a deep breath.
He looked up at the door and readied himself. He exhaled before slowly walking toward it.
Just as he was about to reach his hand out for the door knob, the rusty thing began turning.
He watched as Serena slowly peeped out of the door and looked at him.
He cleared his throat, preparing to announce the sentence he'd been practicing over and over in his mind.
"Serena-" he began.
The girl quickly shushed him and closed the door behind her.
"Let me talk." She said.

Ash looked at Serena's new outfit. She looked absolutely gorgeous. Her long hair flowing down her back, and her blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight.
Ash nodded his head and did as the girl said. She began walking, and he walked along side her, waiting for her to say something.

"Ash." Serena twiddled her thumbs nervously.
"I want us to forget everything that happened. I overreacted and I hope that you can forgive me."
"Bu-" - Ash attempted to speak, but Serena shushed him again.
"I never expected things to go that way. Misty thrives off of me because she knows I'm shy. And.. well.. about something else. She's holding this thing against me. It's weird actually, because I've never actually told anyone about this.. although I've wanted to. I've tried telling you before but- well.. I just couldn't. And I guess it has been a little obvious.
Ash. You and I have known each other forever. I was overwhelmed when I found you again. The boy from camp. Since we reunited.. well I guess it's clear to say that you and I have developed a bond. And I guess I get overprotective when someone tries to break that bond.
When Misty does the silly things she does, I honestly think that it's out of jealousy. She's jealous that I.. well, I guess she's jealous that you and I are friends. But-" Serena stopped in the middle of her sentence.

She stood there, staring at Ash. He was staring back, not daring to say anything. He wanted to hear what the girl had to say.
"Ash.. I don't know how to say this." Serena gulped, her palms getting sweaty. Her face grew the deepest shade of red Ash had ever saw.
"I- I think that.. I think I'm falling for you, Ash."

...