Tsunade and Fear

I do not own Naruto, the Characters or the Plots but I do own my own OC's and my own plots I have diverged into the story line.

**********************************

[> Minato's P.O.V <]

We arrived back in Konoha just before dawn, thanks to my Flying Thunder God Technique. I had put markers around to make it easier to teleport the clan but...we were too late for that so we were the only ones to enter the gate. Jiraiya and Tsunade quieted the gate keepers as we entered. Once they saw the bundle in my arms, I saw a sad look cross their faces.

We jumped and ran across the rooftops to avoid any human contact in case she wakes up. Just by observing her behavior, she doesn't like being around others. At least, one's she doesn't know. I don't want her to harm anyone or herself so going this way would be easier on the both of us.

Once we reached the Hokage's tower, I landed lightly at the front door before entering with Jiraiya and Tsunade in front of me. Jiraiya knocked and we heard papers shuffling. "Enter." Came Hiruzen's voice. Jiraiya entered and kept the door open. I stepped through and Hiruzen's zeroed in on the bundle I had in my arms before looking around to see if there was any other survivors but found none.

"She's the only survivor." Tsunade sigh sadly. "May I?" He asked as he approached me. I nodded slowly and held her out a little ways as he reached for the hood. He peeled it back a little bit and nodded, replacing it. I watched curiously as he sighed and sat on the edge of his desk.

"Her names Ayame Yugami. Age 5." We blinked at him. "There was only two born in the past five years. One boy and one girl. Ayame and Hidiroku." He cleared his throat as we blinked. "The clan had a belief that they were only blessed with two new borns every six years. One boy and one girl to keep the balance even. The boy and girl were to be wed as soon as they reached the age of 17. If there were any boys or girls born after them, they were to be put to death." I grit my teeth as he said that. Innocent life, taken away for some belief.

"WHA-!" Tsunade cut Jiraiya's yell off by punching him as I heard Ayame make a sigh. I looked down to see her vibrant turqoise eyes sleepily blinking up at me. I gave her a soft smile as she shifted around to get into a more comfortable position so I moved her to lay her head on my shoulder as I let my left arm rest under her and my right hand on her back.

"Perhapse we should end this to let you three get your rest. I would like for Ayame to be taken into the foster units." "Why can't she stay with me tonight? Until I can explain to her what is going on instead of her waking up to something new." Hiruzen nodded to me slowly. "Alright but only for tomorrow." He said and I nodded. "Alright, dismissed. Oh and Minato?" I paused in going to the door. "If she needs anything, let me know. I'll give you some Ryo's." I nodded. "Will do." I said and walked out after receiving a nod from him.

[> Ayame's P.O.V <]

I shifted and blinked a few times before noticing that I was still with Minato. We just walked into a house when I became awake. "Kushina?" I heard him whisper and I heard footsteps on the floor. I moved my head to face the wall and the footsteps stopped as I did so.

"She's the only survivor." I heard and felt Minato rumble. I smelt the faint traces of lilacs before a set of green eyes and red hair filled my vision. "Oh! She's awake!" The lady chuckled and I stared at her. "Ayame?" I blinked and leaned back to look at Minato. He gave me a smile and pulled the hood down. "This is my wife, Kushina." I looked back to the red haired lady who gave me a smile. "Hi there!" She said and I just blinked at her.

"She's going to give you a bath, okay?" Minato said and I gripped a hold of his vest. "It's alright!" He smiled at me. "Honey, show her you don't have any weapons." Minato said quickly as my hands started to heat up. Kushina began to pat her dress and threw a kunai into the wall next to the door that hit a target in the center. I stared over Minato's shoulder at it with awe. I looked back over at her and saw her worried expression meet my surprised one.