Kakashi in Charge

I do not own the characters of Naruto, the writer himself does but I do own my Oc's and my own Plots!!

 Once I was finished with my work, I teleported home with Ayame still asleep in my arms. I had given Ayame her medication three hours ago by liquid form because as the doctor said, she had difficulty swallowing. It concerned me that she got hit as quick and hard as she did and we didn't see any symptoms.

"I'll be right back, sweetie." I said, kissing her head. I touched her head and stood. I placed a kunai with my chakra in it before I bit my thumb. "Summoning Jutsu!" I said and Fukasaku appeared. "Minato! How good it is to see you!" I chuckled and sighed. "I need you to do something for me, Fukasaku." He nodded. "Can you watch Ayame for me? I don't want to leave her unattended while I get Kakashi." He jumped onto the bed and looked at her.

"A bender, eh?" I blinked at him. "She bears the famous eyes that luminate in the darkness." I stood and saw her eyes were partly opened. "She's the last bender alive...that we know of." I said and he looked up at me with wide eyes. "Those people were a kind and caring Clan!" He said and I bowed my head. "I'm not sure why they were massacerd but I'll be right back. Kakashi is worried sick about her; nearly started crying when she collapsed." I said and stood. He nodded and I quickly left the house.

I arrived at Sakumo's house and I lifted my hand to knock but the door swung open to reveal a worried Kakashi. "Would you like to see Ayame?" I asked and he nodded before closing the door. I watched him lock it before looking up at me. I waved him after me and we ran back to the house with Kakashi a good leap in front of me. He would make a great Ninja...

"Hokage-Sama!" An ANBU came up next to me. "I apologize for taking you away from your sick Daughter, but they encountered a problem on Uzumaki Kushina's mission." I stopped in my tracks and Kakashi landed next to me. "I'll be at the tower in a few minutes." He nodded and teleported away. I glanced at Kakashi before we started towards the house.

When we arrived, I went right to the closet. "Kakashi." I called as I put on my vest and I grabbed my weapons pouch as he came into the room. "Can you do me a favor?" He slowly nodded. "Can you watch Ayame for me while I go help out Kushina?" He nodded and I secured the pack on my thigh before I grabbed the medicine bottle.

"Ayame has to take this every four hours. She needs a dose in about ten minutes and take it slow because she can't handle swallowling right now. Same with water." He nodded and eyed the bottle. "As long as you give her that, keep her hydrate and cool, she'll be fine." I said and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Please keep her safe." I said and he nodded. "I will." He said and I ruffled his hair before I teleported to the Hokage's tower.

[> Kakashi's P.O.V <]

I watched as Minato left with his toad summoning, Fukasaku before I walked into the large bedroom to see Ayame curled up in the blankets. I looked at the clock and saw that she had five minutes before her next dose. I held the bottle as I crawled onto the bed and sat up against the wall, gazing at her.

"Ayame-Chan?" I asked as I leaned closer to her. I heard a soft grunt from her before she shifted into a different posistion. I gently slid my left arm to under her shoulders and set the bottle down against the wall before using my right arm to slide under her legs. I lifted her, quite easily, into my lap and let her head rest in the crook of my elbow. I grabbed the bottle and opened it, pouring it into the cup like it said.

"Ayame-Chan....I need you to open your mouth." I said and she whined at me which caused me to frown. "Do you want to get better?" I asked her what my dad would ask when I got sick. She blinked at me tiredly and I rose an eyebrow. "Open." I said and tapped her lips with my pinkie. She slowly opened her mouth and I poured a little bit in and she tried to swallow.

"Slowly." I said and rubbed my knuckle along her throat to help her swallow. Once I felt her swallow, I slowly did the rest of the medicine before grabbing the water bottle near the bed. I opened it with my mouth and let it dribble into her mouth. I could feel her body relax as the water went down her throat. I felt a few presences in the room so I held Ayame to me and pointed the kunai towards the door after securing the water between Ayame and I.

"Who's there?" I asked with narrowed eyes as I tightened my hold on Ayame. "It's just us, Kakashi." Shikaku said and he came around the corner with a sleepy group of Anko, himself, Gai, Asuma, Iruka and Ibiki. "Rin told us what happened." Anko yawned and crawled into the bed. Iruka joined in and soon enough I was joined by all of them in the bed. We were all leaning on the back wall and about to fall asleep.

"She okay?" Ibiki asked and I shrugged. "All Minato said was that she couldn't handle swallowing anything." I said and grabbed the water bottle and dribbled it into her mouth. "She didn't look sick..." Iruka said and I nodded before looking around.

"Why are you all here?" I asked and they shrugged. "We heard that she was the only one left of her Village." Shikaku said and Iruka cleared his throat. "And she's really nice even if she doesn't know what tag was." He chuckled as the rest of us blinked at him. "What? She didn't so I had to show her. Some of it anyways...." He said before Anko crawled over. "She's too quiet." And with that, she passed out in front of me and Ayame.

"I think Anko made a great idea." Asuma said and he fell over into Gai's lap and passed out. Gai fell over as well and started snoozing. Iruka leaned against me as Ibiki patted Ayame's head before laying down on the bed. I sighed heavily and gave Ayame some more water before leaning against the wall and falling asleep myself.   

*****************************************************

Sorry for long awaited update but here it is!!! Please enjoy and review if you'd like!!!