Present and Future

Again, Kate's P.O.V

Just FYI, this is a long chapter. :) Enjoy :)
------------------------------------

He looked so gorgeous, so handsome, so sweet. He looked so happy and so innocent. He was absolutely perfect in his suit. My little boy was absolutely perfect. As we stood in the front room, Henry wearing a black suit with a white shirt and pale blue tie, his bright blue eyes glistened. He looked absolutely perfect. As I adjusted the tie in place, I could hear footsteps on the stairs, and as soon as it was in placed, I looked over my shoulder.

There, standing on the stairs was a dazzling Alexis, her robin's egg colored dress flowing gently down to her knees, the sweetheart cut of it with the spaghetti straps looking as delicate and lovely as she did. Her hair had been curled and half pulled back, revealing her stunning porcelain cheeks with held a faint touch of rose. Her eyes too gleamed with life as she asked, "Are we almost ready?"

The only words I could give her were, "You look incredible, sweetheart."

"Thank you," she blushed.

I smiled at her for a moment longer before snapping back into action, questioning, "Where's your father?"

"Still getting the babies ready," Alexis replied and she gestured her head up the stairs.

I looked at her in amazement, wondering, "How did he get Sophia out of her dress?"

"The same way he got Danny out of his. He promised them sweets."

"I swear, I don't understand why that boy is so in love with your Snow White costume," I told his older sister.

Henry then replied, "Face it, mom. He'll be bringing home his boyfriend to you someday. That doesn't make his any less of a human."

I then looked at him with an unamused look that was immediately returned to me in a mocking way from my son. I then raised an eyebrow and told him, "You're pushing your luck, kiddo."

He then questioned, "What are you gonna do about it?"

My devious look shocked him out of his cockiness as I told him, "Maybe I'll have a chat with Krissy's mom, tell her you've got a little crush on her daughter and that we should set up a little play date."

"You wouldn't," Henry said in fear.

"Wouldn't I?" He swallowed hard. "Now, Mr. Big Shot, why don't you go see if your father needs help with the babies. Tell him we need to be out the door in ten minutes."

Henry then quickly scurried away, doing his best not to even look at me. As soon as he was up the stairs, Alexis told me, "Mom, that dress is really pretty."

I then looked at her and raised an eyebrow. I was a bit smarter than my sixteen year old thought, and surprised her by asking, "Do you want to borrow a pair of my heels again?"

She pulled in her lips a moment and then told me, "Maybe..."

"You know I don't care if you do as long as you ask. Only your father cares, and he can get over it."

The girl then smiled widely, walking toward me with purpose in her step as she flung her arms around me. "Thanks mom."

"Of course, sweetheart," I replied, combing my hand through her hair.

She then pulled back and told me, "That dress is really pretty, though."

"Yeah, yeah. Go get your shoes." She did, and I watched her walk away as she started toward the bedroom, my hand resting on the flat of my stomach, which the short, somewhat form fitting navy dress hugged just enough to that point and then flowed down to my knees.