Chapter 1: (Jealousy?)

________________________

Hermione dragged her trunk down the side walk, with her parents trotting behind her.

She finally reached the bus stop and set her trunk aside.

Hermione was going back, not to Hogwarts, but to the Weasley Burrow.

Ron had invited her to spent the rest of summer there, it had been the last week of summer left.

There was a sudden thump! and the Knight Bus appeared out of nowhere.

Hermione turned around to see face her parents. She beamed at them.

"Oh!" Hermione exclaimed, as she threw her arms around them, "I'm going to miss you guys!"

Her mum chuckled, "I'm going to miss you too, darling."

Hermione's dad grinned at his beautiful daughter, "I'm gonna miss you so much, love."

"Not as much as I'll miss you guys! I'll write every week! And you better write too!" Hermione said, smiling. She was really going to miss them.

"Of course we will, darling, every week, we promise," Hermione's mum replied, stroking her daughter's hair.

"Good," Hermione said, embracing them again.

Hermione was thrilled to see the Weasleys again, but there was one thing she wasn't exactly looking forward to.

Harry.

Hermione's eyebrows furrowed at the thought of him.

Hermione spent about a week in her bed after her break up with Harry. She spent it watching sad movies, reading, eating, crying, and ranting about him to her mother. She even caught herself researching good hexes and jinxes to use on him when they were back at Hogwarts. And there was no doubt she would end up using the hexes and jinxes, anyway.

"What's wrong, darling?" Her mother asked, concerned at the look on her daughter's face.

"Nothing," Hermione replied, coldly, not meeting her eyes.

"It's that boy, isn't it?" Her mother asked, beaming again, "Just forget about him, okay? Focus on your studies. Garry- or was it Barry?"

"Harry," Hermione replied, her jaw tightening at the sound of his name.

"Yes, well, Harry is just another person. Maybe he's not the one, there's always going to be people more for you," her mother said, stroking her daughter's hair.

Hermione sighed and softened, "yeah, maybe you're right-"

"OI!" A voice shouted from the bus, "we don't have all day!"

Hermione looked at her parents again for the last time. They were getting older, their hair was getting whiter and their faces more wrinkled, but she loved them no less. She smiled at them.

"Well," Hermione said, finding the right words, "bye mum, dad. I'll see you next year!" Hermione kissed her parents goodbye and climbed on the bus.

Her mother and father were waving their daughter farewell as the bus began to move.

Hermione sat down in the front, and she quickly realized she was the only one on.

The bus was gaining speed now, and a young man came up to Hermione.

"Where you headin'?" The young man said, Hermione recognized the voice as the one who told her they didn't have all day.

"The Weasley Burrow," Hermione replied, "Do you know where that is?"