Chapter 7: (First Step)

"Come on, Hermione."

"Leave me alone."

"It's been three days, Hermione, you've been in your dorm for three days! Leaving you food is starting to get boring, now."

"Then stop leaving me food."

"Come on, at least come to breakfast!"

Hermione groaned, Ginny should be in Slytherin due to her determination. She peaked through her blankets from her four poster and saw Ginny standing beside her nightstand, with her freshly washed, wet red hair. Ginny grinned at the sight of her friend.

"Well fuck! She's graced us with her attention! I will bow my head, to your honor-"

Hermione hated herself for laughing at her, "oh, cut it out, Gin."

"Not unless you come to breakfast with me!" Ginny exclaimed, beaming at Hermione, then she gave a small pout, "please? Think of all the homework you're missing out on! And it's O.W.L. year!"

"Harry and Ron bring me my homework along with my food," Hermione replied, trying to hide her smile.

"Alright, alright! But what about your classes? How will you learn!" Ginny retorted dramatically, smirking as she thought she had outsmarted Hermione.

"I'm months ahead of my courses," Hermione stated softly, she now brought herself up to sit up in her bed.

"Of course you are, I almost forgot you're a nerd."

"Hey!" Hermione shouted, giggling.

"I'm just kidding, but learning is always better in a learning environment! You know, with a teacher and all!" Ginny replied, now getting visibly frustrated.

Hermione shook her head, "I've always known how to teach myself. As long as a person has a teacher, including the teacher being themselves, they can learn perfectly. Although, you do have to learn to teach yourself. I was taught young by my mum and-"

Hermione cut herself off. She cursed herself as hot tears washed up in her eyes. She impatiently brushed them away.

Ginny's cheerful demeanor had evaporated. Her expression was sympathetic as she sat down next to Hermione in gloom.

"You know, Hermione. By the sound of it, your parents seem strong, and they knew they had raised a strong daughter, too. They probably knew they weren't going to make it when the death eaters had gotten them. But you know what they did know? They knew you were fighting against the death eaters, they knew that you were doing everything you could to stop this mess."

Ginny raised her eyes from the wrinkled bed sheets to Hermione's eyes, that were shining in tears. Ginny put an arm over Hermione's shoulder and looked fiercely into Hermione's eyes, forcing her forcefulness and determination into them, too.

"If you don't want to go down to breakfast for me, or for Ron and Harry, then do it for your parents. The first step in beating You-Know-Who and the death eaters is to get back on track," Ginny finished, giving Hermione a pat on the back with a small offer of a meaningful smile. She broke eye contact and rose from Hermione's bed.

Hermione's thoughts were racing. Ginny was right, her parents wouldn't be happy on how she was acting. She wanted to be part of the order some day and fight face-to-face against all prejudiced death eaters, and she wasn't going to do that sulking in bed.