Chapter 3

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Clary groaned as she turned the alarm off. She had barely slept. Clary turned to see Isabelle looking cheery and unaffected by the early time.

"How can you be so happy on a Monday?" Clary asked slightly jealous.

Izzy smiled brightly."I could barely sleep I was so excited, I love the first day of school."

Clary took a quick shower and put on a white v-neck short sleeved shirt and a black skirt that went a little lower than midthigh.

Clary left her hair down in its normal curls and threw on white converse.

Clary frowned at her reflection. She was pale, the runes on her arms were the only color. Her hair was a bright red, then add freckles she looked like Ragady Anne doll.

Clary checked her phone and saw she had a message from Jon.

Stay away from Jace. I don't trust him

Well see.

Clary I mean it he's a player.

Clary opened the door and saw Jace leaning against the door frame. Clary felt herself smile.

"I'm walking you to class." Jace said confidently.

Clary smiled again."What makes you think that?" She said suductivly and bit her lower lip.

Jace looked at her lips. He started to lean in. Before him lips touched hers Clary put up her book so he kissed her book instead.

Jace pulled away surprised"No girl has ever done that to me before." He said stupidly.

Clary laughed and started walking towards the Mundane History room. Jace quickly caught up with her.

Clary sat down in an empty and Jace sat in the seat next to her. Clary would never understand boys.

Clary pulled out her sketchbook and started drawing an angel. Clary soon realized she had drawn Jace with wings.

Jace looked over at her drawing and smirked."That looks a little like me Red." Her laughed slightly.

Clary pretended to study the drawing. "A little I guess. Your no angel though." She lied.

Jace faked a hurt expression. The rest of the hour he tried to talk to her but Clary only gave replied with shrugs.

The Bell rang and Jace walked put of the classroom with a disappointed look on his face.

Clary walked to the Demonology room. Clary sat in the only empty seat next to the boy with the black eyes and hair from the cafeteria yesterday.

He looked up at Clary as she sat down. Clary let out the breath she was holding when he smiled welcomingly.

The teacher walked in the room and started the lesson, but Clary couldn't stop looking over at the boy next to her.

She had thought he was going to be a jerk player that would try to get her to sleep with him.

"Im Sebastian Verlac." He said after the teacher said they could have free time.

"Clary." She said looking down.

They talked for about ten more minutes until the bell rung.

"Do you want to sit with me at lunch?" He asked. For some reason Clary thought of Jace.

Clary forced the thought away and said"Yes that be great." He kissed her hand before he left.

Clary stood there for a minute, thinking of two certain handsome boys.