Chapter 7

Waking up the next morning was surprisingly easy. Clary felt a blissful peace settle over. Her body was warm, as if it were two people's body heat.

Clary sat up with a start. Next to her lie Jace, his face shockingly vulnerable in sleep. He wore no shirt, but still had pajama pants on, Clary notice with relief, and slight disappointment.

Clary, too,was also dress. Her clothes were the same from last night, her dress slightly pulled up.

The room was not familiar. It was almost monk like. It had no posters or anything telling about the person that lived here.

The alarm clock next to the bed read 12:34. Clary looked back over just in time to see Jace wake up. His eyes wandered before settling on Clary.

Confusion swept over his."Clary? What are you doing here?" Jace's voice was disbelieving.

Clary felt like she had been drenched in ice cold water. Jace had been drunk last night. He didn't know what he had said or done.

Clary just shook her head as if it was no big deal." Sebastian cheated on me with Isabelle, and I guess you felt bad, I have no idea how I got here." Clary said, each word piercing her heart.

Jace nodded his head in understanding." Oh okay, well I'm going to go get dressed." He got up and walked into the bathroom, no sign of the stuttering boy who said he liked her yesterday.

Clary just ran out of the room, unshed tears in her eyes. Jace was a jerk, Sebastian was a jerk, Isabelle was a bitch. Clary ran to the girls dorms and slammed her bedroom door shut.

Isabelle woke up with a start. She blinked a couple times before looking up at Clary.

"Clary where were you? You never came home." Isabelle sounded worried, but Clary knew better. Clary just shrugged and went into the bathroom.

Clary turned on the shower, and crawled into the warm water. She scrubbed her skin hard, as if the memories could disappear.

When she was all dressed she heard a knock at the door. Clary walked over and opened the door. Sebastian stood in the doorway a guilty look on his face. Clary rolled her eyes. He held a small box in his hand.

"What do you want?" Clary's voice was as cold as an icicle.

Sebastian flinched." I guess I deserve that." Clary snorted.

" You deserve a hell of a lot worse!" Clary's voice was on the border of hysterical, but she was to hurt to care.

Sebastian finally meet her eyes." There are no words I could say to that tell you how truly sorry I am." Clary looked at Sebastian's dark eyes. They were curious and searching, but Clary could see he meant it.

"Then why did you do it?" Clary's throat felt like glue.

Sebastian looked strangely relieved." I was really drunk, and when I went looking for you I ran into Isabelle. She was drunk also. She pulled me closer and next thing I knew we were kissing." Sebastian's voice was pleading. Clary had never heard him sound pleading before.

"Are you serious?" Clary's voice was weak to her own ears. Shadowhunter's were not supposed to be weak.

Sebastian drew Clary towards his, and she didn't resist. Clary liked when Sebastian was compassionate, and honest.

"Yes Clary I would never lie to you, can you give me another chance." Clary silently cursed her heart for fluttering. Clary looked him dead in the eye.

"Of course." A deadly smirk on her lips.