Chapter 8

Clary wasted no time that morning. She needed to look her best. Isabelle slammed her hand down on the alarm clock, effectively breaking it. Clary rolled her eyes.

When Clary see's Izzy, she wasn't sure whether to punch her in the face, thank her for helping Clary realize Sebastian was a jerk, or sob in her arms. Probably she'd do all three.

Jace hadn't said a word to her yesterday after their morning encounter. Clary's heart dropped at the memory. She had thought Jace had felt something for her. Looks like she was wrong.

After Clary showered, she walked to her closet. She pulled out a blood red strappless shirt that clung to her body. It made her look as if she had curves. She pulled a pair of short shorts. Normally Clary wouldn't wear something so...revealing. But she wanted to look good for her revenge.

Jace needed to learn not to drink and then break someone's heart and Sebastian needed to learn that Clary Fairchild was not the kind of girl you cheat on.

When Izzy walked out of the bathroom her eyes widened when she saw Clary.

"Why are you wearing that?" She sounded surprised, and pleased. Isabelle thought Clary's normal clothes were 'boring', and to casual. Clary faked a smiled.

"I just wanted to look good today." Clary shrugged as if it were no big deal. Clary absently wondered if Isabelle remembered kissing her boyfriend.

"Oh. Well you look hot. Jace will be all over you." Clary wanted to burst into tears, but she just shrugged.

"Iz, Jace doesn't like me, he can barely stand to be in the same room as me." Clary said bitterly. Isabelle didn't seem to hear her, as she kept talking about how Jace was going to drool over her.

Clary and Izzy walked to class together. It was awkward for Clary, but Isabelle seemed not to notice the tension. She was gushing about how awesome Sebastian's party was.

Clary walked into class and sat next to Sebastian, who analyzed Clary in a way that made her feel uncomfortable. Clary knew you were never supposed to feel uncomfortable when the person you loved looked at you with desire. She suppressed a shudder.

Clary faked a smile"hey" was her genius response. She wanted to pinch herself for not coming up with something better to say. Sebastian, though, seemed not to notice.

"Hey, Gorgeous." Sebastian said, almost suductivly. Clary fought the urge to roll her eyes. She tried to look seductive. She could only imagine how bad she looked right now.

A dark glint shined in Sebastian's eyes. Clary was reminded of the day she meet Sebastian, and how deadly he had looked. The smile that Sebastian wore did not make him look more lovely, but transform it into something gruesome and deadly.

Clary turned away. She felt a shiver run up her spine. The rest of the hour Clary listened to boring Mundane History. Sebastian staring at her the whole hour, the same deadly look in his eyes.

The bell rung after what seemed like forever. She pulled Sebastian with her. He looked at Clary confused but went with her anyway. Clary spotted Jace a couple yards away.

When Jace saw Clary he smiled. It wasn't a quirk of the lip, but a real smile that he only gave to Alec and Isabelle. Clary pulled Sebastian towards her before she could over think herself.

His lips meet Clary's. This kiss wasn't anything like the kisses she had shared with Jace. Sebastian only hesitated for a second, before he kissed back. Clary felt as if she was falling into a black hole. As if the floor had suddenly disappeared and Clary fell into a never ending tunnel.

Clary was about to jerk away when Sebastian was ripped from her. Jace glared at Sebastian and Clary. The only other people in the hall were Alec, Simon, and Isabelle.

"What the hell Clary!" Hurt and anger shone in his golden eyes. He stood tense, as if readying himself to attack. Clary felt her anger skyrocket. How can he be angry with her?

"What do you mean? I'm kissing my boyfriend." Clary looked pointedly at Sebastian, who was still on the ground looking at the seen before him with amusement.

"I'm your boyfriend. I thought you were going to break up with Sebastian after he cheated on you with Isabelle." Jace said, his eyes as opaque as smoked glass.

Isabelle gasped."What, no I didn't. I was with Simon." Izzy said defensively. Her black eyes were the color of obsidian."Or at least I think I was." She added, looking a little doubtful.

"Jace, you acted like none of that happened yesterday morning, remember?" Clary said, confused. Jace had looked at her like she was a stranger that morning, as if she were a random person he had found sleeping in his bed.

"Yesterday morning. I don't remember anything that happened. I woke up at one and you were gone." Jace said, looking just as confused as everyone else.

"That's because I made you forget" Sebastian said. He was now standing up. Looking at him was like watching a city burn.