Chapter 4

Clary walked to lunch hand in hand with Sebastian. Every girl in the room was looking at Clary with jealous eyes.

Clary leaned over and kissed Sebastian. He froze from surprise but started kissing back after a few seconds. He smelled peppery. It wasn't a bad smell, it was spicy and pleasant.

They broke apart, breathing heavily. "What was that for? Not that I'm complaining." He added with a wink.

Clary blushed."Just wanted to try it." She said shyly.

Sebastian laughed. He led them to a tempty table in the center of the cafeteria. Clary was a little surprised that they weren't sitting by his friends.

Clary saw from across the room Jace, Simon, Isabelle, Alec and Jonathan looking at Sebastian and her.

Isabelle gave her a supportive thumbs up. Jace saw and told her something that Clary couldn't hear, but it looked like he was scolding her.

Jonathan was glaring at Sebastian and Alec was glaring at Clary. Clary looked away and focused on Sebastian.

"So Clary are you coming to my party on Friday?" Sebastian sounded hopeful. Clary thought of Jace again.

Clary didn't know why she thought of Jace. He was beautiful but he also was a cocky asshat.

Clary pushed those thoughts away and said"I think Izzy mentioned something about a party. I haven't decided." She lied.

"You should come. Its going to be the best party of the year." He said, slightly smug.

Clary smirked."I think I will go. Could be fun." She winked at Sebastian, causing him to blush slightly.

Clary was surprised. He didn't really seem like the kind of guy who would blush.

Clary pretended to listen to Sebastian talk about about football. Across the room Clary caught Jace's eye. He looked at her with a slight pain in his eyes.

Clary would never understand men.