⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Chapter 14⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

The looming scent of decay infiltrates my nose like a heavy, unforgiving haze, threatening to suffocate me if I breathe in its toxicity into my lungs. I weakly crane my head up to the source, only to see... an animatronic foot? My vision adjusts and fear courses through my veins, that's... human flesh connected to whatever this thing is. Paralyzed, my heart thumps erratically within my chest, as if threatening to break through my ribcage. Its mangled hands reach for my face, forcing me to look into its lifeless eyes as its decomposing jaw unhinges, revealing several maggots writhing about inside. Now that I have a better view, it's what seems to be the remains of a rabbit animatronic, left to rot for god knows how long. With a rotting body inside, if that wasn't obvious. It's a mystery as to why there's decaying flesh inside a prehistoric-looking animatronic but details like that are pointless when my body is screaming and pleading to get away. The overwhelmingly rancid stench nauseates me further as I feebly try to fight back the urge to vomit.

Attempting to free myself proved to be fruitless, my limbs practically frozen. The creature tuts disapprovingly as it watches my petrified state. The miasma thickens as it yanks me closer, its dull eyes studying me like an exotic specimen. "You'll be useful." It declared with a menacing thick British accent, its voice dark and brittle. Whatever this thing was, it used to be human, and it wants to kill. Bile seeps up my throat, stinging my esophagus with its brutal acidity, threatening to purge itself out of my quivering mouth.

My eyes shot wide open, grasping at anything close by, only for my hands to be greeted with thick fabric. The gasp of bright lights and colors infiltrates my vision. With an incredulous look on my face, I anxiously looked around, my heart finally catching a break when realizing that it was just all a dream. A bad dream. That's all. Right? (Oh how foolish.)

I find myself in a small room, messy and...oddly familiar. A headache that only Greek gods could ever withstand stabs at me. I rub at my temples as if to relieve the pain, yet to no avail, I groan. Shouldn't have drank too much. Slowly getting up, I take notice of the myriad of messy children's drawings splayed out on the wall. Squinting and looking at it closer, Sun seems to be a common theme within them. Is this... Sun and Moon's room??? The velvet duvet covers on the small bed were patterned with the familiar sight of yellow stars with a dark blue background, akin to Moon's clothing. So...I'm in the Daycare? How'd I end up here?

Looking down, the skimpy dress that hugged at my body last night was replaced with loose-fitting Moon and Sun decorated pajamas. I remember seeing these on display in the Lucky Stars Gift Shop for a while before it eventually sold out. How...? Don't tell me they... Oh god. Hurriedly making my way towards the velvet red curtains, I push them aside to find myself on the balcony overlooking the vast expanse of the Daycare. "OH! You're awake!!!" A familiar voice calls out.

Sun summons a hook to his back, gliding over to the balcony to squeeze me into his warm embrace. "I MISSED YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!! How are you feeling?!" I hug him back, craning my head to look up at his face. "Can I be honest?" "Of course you can be honest with me! I love LOVE honesty!" Sun happily proclaims, the inner workings of his robotic body purring happily.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up." Sun's wide smile immediately shifts to that of a concerned frown. "O-oh dear..." The animatronic croaks out unceremoniously. He then proceeds to pick me up, speedily gliding down the balcony to a nearby restroom, ushering me inside. After doing my business, I weakly make my way out of the restroom to see Sun nervously pacing while mumbling to himself. (Oh what could ol' poor Sunny be thinking about? Hm?) "You...okay, Sunny?" Sun perks up, hastily making his way to me. "Oh! Sorry, just talking to Moon. Nothing to worry about!" I tilt my head quizzically, "You guys can talk to each other?" "Yes! We can converse within our headspace anytime. It can be... quite annoying sometimes." I chuckle lightly, "I could only imagine. So... what happened to the dress I was wearing last night?"