4. After the leaves:-

*Elizabeth's POV*

After the incident, I didn't have energy to attend the school for a whole week. Diana kept me updated and Janet taught me what I missed at school. At least, I was happy at the home, away from a particularly arrogant being and his rudeness.

"Lizzy, you can't live your whole life deep in your burrow! You must get out at some point of time. Now, leave this issue and forget about him. There is a big, bright world outside him!" Janet tried encouraging me for the umpth time in that week. I felt ashamed to tell her no once again. So, I agreed to go back to school even though when I didn't want to.

I woke up early in the morning the next day and got dressed into my grey Denims with a white, turtle neck sweater. I didn't want to dress up so I just pulled my hair into a side plait. That suited me very well. Then I waited for Diana to pick me up. She came earlier than I expected her to and kept me distracted the entire way.

As soon as we got to school, I knew what was to be done. I decided I would go to the last seat in the corner and occupy it before anyone else did just to stay away from him.

The classroom was empty when I reached so I followed as I had planned. I plugged in my earphones and kept listening to the music as I hummed along with the song on loop 'I Love It' by Icona Pop to keep me occupied.

'You're on a different road, I'm in the milky way
You want me down on earth, but I am up in space
You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch
You're from the '70s, but I'm a '90s bitch
I love it!
I love it!'

The class began to fill up slowly  which I could tell with the commotion that gradually turned louder. But I didn't raise my head up to confirm it even once.

'I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.
I don't care, I love it.
I don't care, I love it, I love it.
I don't care.'

I glanced at my wristwatch and saw that the class would be commencing at any moment so I kept my iPod and headphones back in and occupied myself with the subject books. The teacher finally came in and the class went on smoothly. I didn't see that freak again for the whole day. I assumed he was on leave and that allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief.

Diana, Janet and Susie chattered non-stop, gossiping about all the good things that I missed. But Lola seemed depressed herself.

"What's up with her?" I pointed animatedly at Lola.

"You know, she is Lola. Doing her usual Lola thing!" Diana sang, making everyone burst into laughter.

"Shut up! Senseless people!" Lola grumbled before walking away while we continued laughing.

*****

We decided to go bowl later that day. I got three strikes in a row, while Diana got four. Janet didn't take part as she wasn't the athlete type. Susie could hardly lift the ball. Poor thing. While on the other hand, Lola was busy flirting with a cleaner guy who she misunderstood to be the manager of the place.

The day was tiring by the time I headed back home after having dinner with my friends and the cleaner guy who Lola had decided to drag along. The imagination of how the rest of the dinner must have gone, one could imagine.

By the dawn of the next day, I had completely forgotten about the devil reincarnated.

Cheerfully, dressing into a pair of grey skinny jeans and a red sleeveless blouse with a wooden brown jacket over it. I let my hair open and put on an exotic blue crystal pendant necklace which Liam had gifted to me on my fifteenth birthday. Oh, how could I forget about Liam? Liam was the guy who had proposed me but I - I with my ego as big as a mountain, had rejected him. That incident was an year ago but he seemed to have moved on about it. It was good for him, but he still continued to talk to me occasionally.