5. The drama:-

*Elizabeth's POV*

A few more days went by and I couldn't take it anymore. I walked up to my locker and took out my literature books, what am I supposed to do now? My mind wondered. I was moving towards the class feeling really bitter.

"Elizabeth! Hey Eliza!" I heard a voice call out to me but I didn't stop walking. Attitude problem, right? Rich kid, remember?

Liam ran to catch up with me.

"Hey, Lee. What's up?" I asked casually.

"Nothing babe, it was just...I noticed that...you aren't comfortable with Rome. And... Grace is being hell to me! 24x7 she only talks about Rome."

I stiffened in my place as I felt my jaws clench at his name.

"So you want me to play as a match maker? Huh?" I asked coldly.

"That wasn't what I mean, I was just, you see, we can change the partners. You can be my partner while Grace can go with Rome. If you don't have any problems with that," He spoke, pausing between the words in the first part of his little speech.

Why didn't I think of that? Of course, I would never have any problem with that and that way I wouldn't have to face that asshole. I literally changed his name to 'asshole'! Bet he would be more than happy to get rid of me!

"Fine. That is a good idea. So are we partners from today?" I stopped in front of the class and raised my hand for a hand shake.

"Alright! Catch you in the class," he sang happily with a nod as he shook my hand off and ran inside the class to catch the last bench. I waited outside for Grace, and after few more minutes Grace walked towards the class gracefully (sarcasm). First she dropped her books and then clumsily pulled them up then she tripped on her own leg and face planted in front of me.

"All right?" I asked feeling awkward as I helped her get up.

"Thanks," she replied as she got up, her face was turning bright red.

"Grace, I need to talk to you."

"Yeah? What did I do? I swear I didn't do anything, really, I didn't  do anything. Not even homework.  Why do you want to talk to me?" she literally panicked, she was so confused!

"I am not talking about anything that you are assuming right now. I wanted to ask, would you mind taking my seat? I want to sit with Liam." I could see she couldn't believe her ears. A wide smile flashed on her face, she almost danced with joy.

"Yeah! Sure! Thank you so much." She was jumping like a kangaroo! I laughed at her reaction and we walked into the class.

 As I entered the class I saw him, he was in his place and my seat was empty. Grace bounced towards my place as I made my way to the last bench where Liam was seated.

"So! Hello Ms. Popular, please have a seat." Liam motioned the chair beside him. I giggled as I sat down.

"Hello, my new partner, I hope you won't annoy me like the clown that used to be my old partner."

"Well, of course I won't. I don't want to lose you..."

I felt some tingles as he said that. I just smiled to myself and face the teacher who just entered. The class went nice, Liam was a funny guy. I laughed a lot with him. I didn't even know when the class was over. Actually I didn't want the class to get over. I didn't need to rush out before Mrs. Veronica. Instead Liam and I talked our way to the lockers then he went away.

A few more days went like this and we enjoyed like hell. He cracked lame jokes, and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it!

"And like that, Mrs. Pumpkin threw Mr. tomato on Mr. Radish making him go red! Then due to embarrassment Mr. Radish changed his name to Mr. Carrot."