four

"Just set them down right there." I told Grayson, as he brought in his speakers into my living room.

After two long days, it was finally Saturday, which meant it was time for the party.

I had some of my friends come over and help decorate, but it's been harder because usually Mari is here to help me decide on decorations but I haven't heard from her since Thursday.

"Hadley, where do you want these?" My other friend, Chan, asked while holding an armful of inflatables.

"Just throw them in the pool, out back. There's really no use for them." I told him. He nodded and went on his way.

"Okay, all the food is in the kitchen, set up. The stereo is set up, and the breakables are put away." Varicella told me. She's been basically taking Mari's part in decorating.

Varicella really sweet, it's just a shame that her parents named her after the actual word for chickenpox, so we just call her Cella.

"Did you lock all the doors?" I asked.

"No, we don't have a key." She told me.

I always lock every door at my parties because I don't want people to be able to say 'I got pregnant at Hadley's house.'

I walked upstairs, into my room, and opened my closet, grabbing my small box. I opened it and grabbed the key that was laying on top of the foam.

It was the key to every house in the room, so Daddy wouldn't get confused on which key is which, (since there's so many rooms) he just got a key made to fit every door.

I walked down the hallways and locked every single door, making sure that no one could get in. After I was done, I put the key into my door and locked it. Putting the key in my pocket, I walked back down stairs.

There were about eleven to twelve of my friends here to help decorate, which meant it was done fast. We only had about two hours until the party started. My Dad always leaves when I have parties to go have some drinks with his "manly friends" as he calls them.

"Hadley, people are already here." Jack said, looking out the window.

"What? But it's too early. Do people not know how to read a paper?" I said. I walked over to the door, sighed, then put on a somewhat fake smile, and opened the door.

"Hi! Come on in." I held opened the door for the few people and they walked in.

"Hadley." Cella whispered to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Your clothes." She whispered again. I look down and nearly screamed. I was still in my afternoon clothes, and hadn't changed into my party dress yet.

I ran upstairs and grabbed the key from my pocket. I unlocked the door and quickly changed into my dress then locked my door back.

I slowly walked down the staircase and saw that more people had shown up.

People obviously have no clue how to read. I said to myself.

***

Minutes by minute, my house got fuller with people. Within an hour there were nearly a hundred-fifty something people from my school at my house. I stayed close to the door and every time it opened my head snapped towards it, but still, no sign of Jonathan.

"Cool party!" My friend, Bev, said over the music that was coming form the speakers and sounding through out the house.

"Thanks!" I smiled to her, that's when I saw Jonathan and his friends walk past us. "Um, I'll talk to you later. I gotta go." I said to her and started to push through people to get to them. Once I reached them, I tapped on Jonathan's shoulder and said

"Hey! I'm glad you could make it!"

He turned towards me and said "Yeah, well I was kinda forced."

"By who?" I questioned.

He pointed behind him, gesturing to his friends but when he turned around they weren't there. They must've not noticed he stopped walking to talk to me.

"Look, I've gotta go find my friends." He said and walked away.

I felt annoyed. I didn't understand why he didn't want to talk to me. I rolled my eyes and started to walk around.

People were dancing to the music, and then there was the people who preferred to just talk instead of dance. I went into the kitchen and ate one of the mini sandwiches that was on the tray. I then walked into the back yard with my huge pool and saw a lot of people around the pool, jumping in.

Walking back into the living room, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see Mari.

"Oh, hey, Marigold. I didn't think you'd make it." I yelled over Cyndi Lauper, who's song was playing in the background.

"Yeah, well, I wouldn't miss one of your parties." She smiled. "And hey, sorry about the other day and all, I was kinda-" I looked past her and saw Jonathan walking up the stairs.

"Yeah, yeah no biggie, I'll catch up with you later, okay?" I said and slid past her, and towards the stairs.

I walked up to see Grayson talking to Jonathan. I smiled at the sight, my best friend and the guy, who I think is cute, talking. I walked up to them and heard what they were talking about.

"No man, I think you've got it wrong. I'm pretty sure you weren't invited." Grayson said.

"Yeah, I was. Hadley gave an invite to me directly." Jonathan argued.

"But she never invites people who aren't cool, and you and your friends are under cool, so maybe it was a mistake."

"Grayson, stop. I invited him." I interjected. He turned around and looked at me.

"You did?" he asked, clearly not believing me.

"Yeah, I did."

"Why?" he laughed.

"Oh shut up, he's cool okay? Now go back downstairs." I told him. Grayson looked at me, then Jonathan and walked back to the first floor.

"Sorry about him, he's just-"

"He's just a reason to prove why I don't hang out with you people." Jonathan said, he seemed a bit angry. He pushed past me and back downstairs.

Well, this is just great. I thought.

____________________

sorry for a sucky chapter, but hey, at least it's long.

I used a lot of repeats and clichés and I feel bad sorrrryyyyy.