eleven

Please no, please no, please no. I whispered, as I walked into the bathroom. I walked into a stall and quickly pulled down my light colored jeans to see if I had bled through badly.

Shit.

"Hadley, are you alright?" Jonathan asked me from the door of the girls room. I could tell that he was standing outside, in the hallway.

"Um, Jonathan. I need you to do me a huge favor." I told him.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" He asked.

I instructed, "Go to my locker, open it and grab a small makeup bag in there, it's blue. Then, grab my purple shirt that I have in there, and bring those two things here. My locker is 174 and the combination is 44-10-32." I heard him run off and I stayed in the stall.

Okay, don't panic. The shirt is long enough to cover your butt, and you can go to the office and call Daddy. I thought. I waited a few minutes, and still, Jonathan hadn't came back.

Where is he?

"Hadley, is anyone else in the girls bathroom?" I heard his voice.

"No." I answered. Then, I heard footsteps.

"Here." He handed me the items over the door. "Thank God, it's lunch time. It would be awkward to walk in here, if other girl were here."

"Yeah, it would. Thanks." I said and unzipped the small bag. Pulling out a tampon, I put it in, then threw on the oversized shirt.

"C'mon." I dragged Jonathan out of the bathroom and down the hall.

"Now, where are we going?" He questioned, as we turned the corner.

"To my locker, then the office. I need to call my Dad." I said. I opened my locker and threw the bag in there, then shut it, then walked to the office. We opened the door and walked inside. "Hi, may I use the phone?" I asked the secretary.

"For what?" Our school was very picky about people using the phones.

"Accident." I gestured down, and she nodded to the phone. I dialed my Daddy's number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello. Margret speaking. May I ask who this is?" The voice answered.

"Hey, Margret! Can I talk to Daddy?" I asked. Margret was my Dad's secretary.

"I'm not sure. He's kind of busy at the moment." She told me.

"It's an emergency." I said to her.

She replied with, "Okay, hold on." I waited a few moments. Jonathan gave me a 'Well?' look and I just held up one finger.

"Hello? Hadley?" My Dad spoke. "Daddy! Okay, so I need you to bring me some extra jeans." I said.

"Why's that?"

"Um. I kinda bled through mine." I said, clearly embarrassed.

"As in-" "Yes." I interrupted. I already knew what he was going to say.

"I'm afraid I can't. I'm in a meeting right now, and Margret had to pull me out for this call. I'll have to get someone else to bring them."

"Oh." I said, disappointed. He's always busy with work. "Okay that's fine. Thanks Daddy. Love you." I said.

"Love you too." He told me, then hung up.

"So?" Jonathan asked, when I put the phone down.

"He's gonna have someone bring some pants." I explained. I looked to the secretary, "Is it fine if we wait here?"

"We?-" Jonathan questioned, but I elbowed him in the stomach and smiled to the secretary lady. Jonathan grunted, holding his stomach and the secretary gave me a weird look.

"Yes, but I'll have to write you guys late passes." She told us.

"Oh no, it's fine. I already have-" I stopped myself from saying the sentence. "I mean, okay."

Jonathan and I sat down in the chairs, provided and waited.

Ten minutes passed and no one had come yet.

"I missed lunch for this." Jonathan sighed.

"Don't worry. I'll buy you food after school." I told him, to keep him from whining.

"For real?" He raised his eyebrows.

"For real." I nodded and confirmed.

"Right on dude!" He pretended to sound like a surfer, and gave me a high five. I laughed at his adorableness. It's funny how saying that you'll get someone food, can change their mood.

Just then, someone walked into the door. With a pair of pants in hand.

"Mom!" I jumped up and hugged her. I haven't seen her in over month, because she's been busy on the weekends, so I couldn't go to her house.

"Darling! Here's your pants." She handed me them, after I hugged her. Her and my Dad split about two years ago, but I'm fine with it. They fought a lot, and now I get two of everything.

"When can I come to your house?" I questioned.

She said, "I'll call you when I'm free, and we'll have a girls day. I promise." She held out her pinky. I wrapped mine around hers as a pinky promise. "But, I have to go now. Thank your Father for calling me." She joked. "Love you."

"Love you too, Mom." I waved to her, and she walked out. I signaled for Jonathan to get up, and we walked into the large hallway, that led to our classes.

"That was your Mom?" Jonathan asked, as we walked.

"Yeah. Her and my Dad are divorced." I told him.

He replied, "Oh, well, she's pretty."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled, knowing he was right. She was beyond beautiful.

"Now I see where you get it from." He looked at me.

_______________________

cUTE JONATHAN FEELS

AWE