Second

The next morning, Padmé rushes me around to get ready and leave Scipio.

"Okay, okay! I'm packed!" I say impatiently.

"Well, get your suitcases and let's go."

As soon as we leave the planet, Padmé seems to have calmed down. 

 After a while of quiet, with both of us looking our separate ways, I speak up, tremulously. "Are you alright, Senator?" I ask once we land. I carry her bags back to her parents' home in Naboo. Someone's been trying to kill her, so we're staying here for a while.

"I just have a lot on my mind right now." She looks at me. "Here, it's calm and feels like home."

I look back at her, a grin pulling at the corner of my mouth, only because she's so beautiful. The only problem is...I'm at a loss for words.

Luckily, we reach the door, and Padmé knocks on it. A middle-aged woman opens the door and smiles. "Padmé! Oh, Padmé, come in. And your Jedi protector. What is his name again?"

"Anakin Skywalker," Padmé answers.

"Anakin. How wonderful to meet you," her mother says. "I'm Jobal."

"Ma'am," I bow slightly. "it's a pleasure."

***********************************

Later, I'm in my back in my room, lying on my bed. I'm constantly moving from place to place, and right now, I don't know where I belong. I'm confused.

I hear Padmé, her parents and sister talking out at the dinner table. I've met all of them, but it was getting late, so I tucked Padmé's nieces in an went to bed myself.

"What do you not see in him? Padmé, this is a great chance for your future. We want you to choose someone who's right for you," I hear Jobal say.

"Well, there's a slight problem," Padmé says irritably.

"What? He's married?" Her father, Ruwee guesses.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Jobal mutters.

There's a silence, and Padmé takes a deep breath. "Anakin is---"

I hear my name, and the rest of her words are drowned out by my thoughts. Was she thinking of turning down Clovis's proposal and asking me? Or even better: Does she love me?

But now I know the conversation has been about me. Obviously, the Nabérrie family thinks very highly of me, and I appreciate that. I only wish Padmé would.

The night goes on, and slowly I drift to sleep.

Hey, everybody! Sorry for the super short chapter, but I really wanted to get this little one out to everyone! I hope you like it so far, and it's definitely not one of my best works yet, but VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! I love the support, and thanks to all who have so far!