Chapter 3

The day was horrible. The morning was probably the best part. The cheerleaders, jocks, preps, gamers, nerds, and about every other social group in my school beat me up. At lunch I run to my safe haven. The janitors closet. Bert, Maggie, Fernando and Amelia are my only friends. Bert is the bucket, Maggie the mop, Fernando the fabuloso bottle and Amelia is the air vent. Pretty pathetic huh? Well at least they listen to me...

I got home with a black eye, scars ripped open and I probably lost a few teeth. I dropped my book bag straight into the garbage. Last day. DONE! I go into the kitchen and grab the blender and fill it up with bananas, mangos, strawberries, spinach and some sugar. I pur the smoothie into the glass and sit at the island in the kitchen.

I go through the mail when I come across a letter addressed to me. I read the label and it's from a business collage in Utah! The collage that I wanted to go to! I rip it open and it says that I have been accepted. I jump up and down and start doing my happy dance. Then my mom walks in.
"Mom I got accepted to the collage of my dreams!" I yell excitedly.

"Take it from me and don't go. It doesn't do you any good." She flately states.

"Mom, aren't you exited for me?"

"Huh? Yeah, oh, yeah sweetie great." My mom said in a flat tone. "So like I was saying Miranda, you shouldn't go have to go through stuff like that. I mean your husband wants a divorce give him it. If you go to court, it will be pointless and-" I tuned her out.

I've always loved how my mom is able to give her friends more attention then she gives me. Ah whatever.

I run upstairs to my room and plop
down on my bed. I open my laptop and go on Facebook. I message my aunt to clean up the spare bedroom in her house. She lives in Utah about an hour away from my school. I was planning on living on campus because my school had guaranteed freshman parking and housing. The next year I would stay with my aunt and on vacations I would most likely stay with my aunt as well. Its not like my family would want to see me. Maybe I could live a normal life. Have a boyfriend get married after collage and have 30 kids and a mansion. Oh who am I kidding. I don't see myself having a future honestly.

Don't focus on the negatives, Nicole just because people don't show that they appreciate you doesn't mean that they don't! That's what my dad would always say. I honestly think that he might have been the only person who appreciated me.