Chapter 4

Nicole's P.O.V.

*Flashback*

"Mom. Mom. MOM! MOM JUST TALK TO ME! PLEASE!"

"What's the point in talking. I would always talk to your dad. And you know what? Your dad isn't here anymore. And its my fault? If I talk to you or your brother than you will be gone too." She sobbed. I hated seeing her cry.

"YOU WILL NOT LOOSE US!" I screamed back at my mother. "YOU COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT DAD! HE WENT IN THE FIRE HIMSELF! HE RISKED HIMSELF! IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!" I could feel the rage building up. I could feel that I was about to snap.

If she continued to blame herself we would get nowhere. But that is exactly what she decided to do. She just stayed quiet and looked out the window. And she started to shake. Her lips started to quiver. Hey eyes where getting watery. And at that point I knew she was about to cry. I came and tried to hug her but all she did was stick her hand out to stop me. And she shook her head. Then she got up and walked towards the front door. I stood there just shocked. She grabbed her keys and purse. And she walked out. I heard the car engine start. And I watched as the car rolled out of the driveway and out of sight.

My little brother Seth came downstairs. "Nikki." He tugged at my sleeve. "Nikki where is Mami going?" I just shook my head at him.

"I don't know Seth. I don't know." I replied.

She didn't come home that night. Or the night after. She eventually did. But within those few days that she didn't, she proved to me that she wasn't strong enough to take care of us.

And I don't think she ever will be.

*End flashback*
_____________________________________

(A/N) hey guys it's Jules, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like a month. Stuff has just gotten really difficult lately because I have my virtual school and family stuff. I squeezed in this update that I've been working on. You might be confused as to why I'm just giving you guys a flashback. But don't worry. It will come up later in the story. So just bare with me.

Also, who do you guys see as Nicole? I need someone so I can cast her. But I'm not sure who yet. I would love your guys' input!

Love you guys and thanks for reading! Please comment, favorite, share and follow me!