Chapter 5

*Nicole's P.O.V.*

Today's my day. Today I'm going out with my best and only friend, Emma. I've known Emma for years and she is the only one who has been there for me through everything. You see me and Emma met in 2nd grade, and we hated each other. While we were doing arts and crafts she came up behind me and emptied a paint bottle on top of my head.

I swore I would get vengeance.

And I did. In 5th grade she liked a boy named Ronald. Ronald had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was a cute little kid. And little did he now he was also the key to my revenge plan. One day when we are on the playground I went up to him and asked him to come with me. I saw Emma looking at us. PERFECT! I turned to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Oh yeah. That pissed her off. Ronald blushed and Emma came over and pushed me. I pushed her back and we got into a little girly fight. We both got in trouble and since we were in 5th grade they told us they were giving us detention because in middle school they would have done the same thing.

That day was amazing.

----------------------------------------------------

*Flashback*

I sat there with a smirk on my face. Vengeance was mine. Then i started to frown. I remembered that I was now in detention with this girl that hated my guts. With no adult supervision. Oh crap. I'm going to die today. I'm going to die. She's going to kill me and no one will even know. The teacher is gonna come in and see a dead body.

Panic ran through my veins. Then she got up and started walking towards me. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. I did the only thing I could think of doing. I rolled of the chair, fell on the floor and got into the armadillo position. She looked at me. She's going to kill me now. Goodbye cruel world. It was nice while it lasted. I didn't even say bye to mom or dad. I never even got to see my brother being born.

"What are you doing?" She asked with me and tilted her head to the side.

"Protecting myself?" I said unsure of my methods. She laughed.

"From me?" She pointed to herself.

"Yes?"

"Why? I just came over to give you back your headband and say I'm sorry." She looked at me with a worried face as she reached her arm out to show me my headband.

"Oh." I said and got up. I brushed the dirt off of my clothes and took the headband from her hand. "I'm sorry too." I admitted. "I shouldn't have kissed him. I don't even like him. I was just doing it to get back at you."

"Get back at me for what?" She asked genuially confused.

"For the paint incident in 2nd...." I trailed off.

"Really your still hung up on that?" And just when I was starting to like her.

"Yeah you ruined my favorite outfit!" I raised my voice.

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry. I was just so mad because I wanted that outfit and my mom wouldn't buy it for me." She explained.

"Oh." Was all I could think of to say. "I'm sorry for overreacting and holding a grudge."

"Can we start over and be friends?" She asked.

"Yeah! Friends!" I replied excitedly.

"Friends forever!" We hugged and right then and there the teacher who put us in detention came in.

"I see you guys worked it out?" She asked.

"We sure did." I said and smiled.

*End Flashback*

-----------------------------------------------

We've been best friends ever since. She moved to a different school for high school but we have been best friends no matter the separation. Today was the last day I was going to see her for months. I was going to a collage in Utah and she was going to a collage in NJ. We were going to be even farther apart. Today we are spending the whole day together. First, we are going to the mall to shop for clothing for collage. After shopping we are going to go to for lunch then do some more shopping. Then, we are gonna go shop for dorm decorations at home depot, office max, office depot, target and lastly Walmart. Walmart is my safe haven, I get everything there. After that we are going to go home and pack everything.

*Skip to lunch*

We've decided to go eat at Miami Lakes Ale House. I love this restaurant. Its amazing. We go in and guess who we see waiting for a waiter. ONE. FREAKING. DIRECTION. You can believe I almost passed out. I look at Emma who is trying to contain her excitement but is just on the verge of crying and/ or screaming. I decide to be the courageous one and I tap Louis (my favorite) on the shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?" Emma whisper screamed at me.

"Jus-"

"Can I help you?"